Accounting Team Lead
Leanplum, the leading multichannel engagement platform helps forward-looking brands like Tinder and Tesco meet the real-time needs of their customers. By transforming data into an understanding of users' needs and wants, our platform delivers unified experiences that are timely, tested, and relevant — building customer loyalty that fuels business growth.
Founded in San Francisco, Leanplum has offices across North America, Europe, and Asia, and has received more than $98 million in funding from leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms. Leanplum has also been recognized as Fortune's Best Companies to Work For and Entrepreneur's Best Entrepreneurial Companies in America. Download the media kit and learn more at www.leanplum.com.
About The Role
The Accounting Team Lead will be reporting to the Controller and will collaborate with various members of Finance and Accounting team.
The ideal candidate will be a mature leader with problem solving orientation and a positive attitude. They should have Big 4 audit experience, a strong background in US GAAP accounting, comfort using ERP systems, great eye for detail, and a strong commitment to process improvement.
- Lead a local team of accountants supporting global network of offices
- Manage all vendor contracts, obtain W-9s, and field questions
- Respond to customer and vendor inquiries relating to invoices, payments, and contracts
- Reconcile corporate credit cards
- Review and process of employee expense reports per company’s policies
- Assist in month-end close
- Match reconciliations to ending balances on the GLAssist with the year-end financial audits including reconciliations and providing supporting documentation
- Adhere to and ensure the integrity of key accounting processes and system controls
- Provide administrative support as needed, including data entry
- Ability to work well as part of a team or independently with minimal supervision
- Assist with other accounting projects and ad-hoc projects
- Assist in maintaining and updating internal documentation for policies, procedures and controls
- On-call coverage as needed to collaborate with Leanplum San Francisco office
- 3+ years audit experience in Big 4
- 4+ years operating accounting experience in multinational company
- Experience managing a team
- Experience working with NetSuite is a strong plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- A proven ability to problem solve and proactively address issues in a professional and effective manner
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize effectively and work well with colleagues across businesses and geographies in a high growth environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to break down complex issues and tailor communication style to a range of audiences, including non-accountants, and to clearly articulate ideas, solutions and conclusions to stakeholders
- Strong organizational, and interpersonal skills
Benefits & Perks
- Iconic Office location in Sofia
- Lunch & dinner provided
- Additional Health Insurance
- Sport and physical activities membership
- Peer bonus system
- Travel opportunities to meet your peers (business trips & retreats)
- Cell phone bill coverage
Build more than a Career. Create Meaning.
Leanplum is an equal employment opportunity employer for all applicants and employees. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. When necessary, we also make reasonable accommodations for disabled employees and for pregnant employees who request an accommodation, with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions.
Back to top