Vice President/Director - Capital Markets Group (San Francisco)
Lazard Freres, one of the world's preeminent financial advisory and asset management firms, operates from 40 cities across 23 countries in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, Central and South America. With origins dating back to 1848, the firm provides advice on mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and capital raising, as well as asset management services to corporations, partnerships, institutions, governments, and individuals.
Lazard offers an unparalleled opportunity to work as part of small deal teams within a global firm on a wide range of corporate transactions and services, including: general financial advice, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, special committee assignments, corporate restructurings, advice on capital structure, and capital raising.
The Capital Markets Group provides clients with advice and execution related to capital markets offerings across all global markets as well as corporate financial structuring advisory across many industries.
Vice Presidents / Directors are integral members of the Capital Markets Group. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Live deal execution
• Materials and communication for client pitches
• Training, managing and recruiting more junior resources
• Oversight for process improvement of internal tools
• Frequent interaction with other teams across IBD and other divisions, locally as well as globally
• Research specific companies and sectors
• Generate new transaction ideas for various situations
The ideal candidate should possess the majority if not all of the qualifications below:
• MBA or undergraduate business degree preferable
• At least 3-4 years' of analyst/associate-level investment banking, capital markets, or research experience, preferably within the credit or fixed income areas
• Experience in capital markets in the areas of debt origination, restructuring, etc.
• Strong understanding of the key legal, accounting, tax or process-related requirements or constraints relating to the aforementioned product area(s)
• Familiarity with deal lifecycle - from (i) product development and refinement; (ii) pitch process and refinement; (iii) execution and refinement
• Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
• Team player, positive attitude, highly motivated
• Analytical mindset with an eye for details
• Strong interpersonal, entrepreneurial and leadership skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability and dedication to meet strict deadlines
Meet Some of Lazard's Employees
Vice President, Financial Advisory, NY
Tracy advises Lazard clients on their debt and equity needs for financing successful mergers and acquisitions – answering their questions and offering insightful perspective.
Back to top