Trading Systems Developer - LAM Technology (LAM)
The trading technology team currently supports the global equity order generation and equity trading business using a series of in-house and vendor applications. The major software package used to run the trading application is the Fidessa LatentZero Capstone suite, of which the Minerva and Tesseract components are being utilized. In addition to Fidessa LatentZero, the BPM products from Tibco (ActiveMatrix, BusinessWorks) are utilized for integration with other applications in an event driven, message based environment.
The opening provides opportunity to enhance the existing business workflow, as well as developing solutions to solve ever changing business needs.
Working at LAM will present the candidate with exposure to a dynamic business environment across multiple asset classes, including (equities, options, futures, CFD's, TRS's, currency hedging...). The successful candidate will be offered exposure to end-to-end software development and procurement. Full development life cycle projects will include everything from specifications and requirements gathering, software design/architecture, development, testing, documentation, deployment and support. In addition to developing in house software solutions, the candidate will acquire expert knowledge of trading applications.
The ideal candidate should have at least 7 years' experience working with financial services firm in a developer capacity. Beneficial skills should include exposure to front office applications, including Buy-side Order Management / Execution Management Systems and a knowledge of the equity trading workflows.
We require self-motivated candidates, with excellent problem solving skills who can quickly adapt to working in a fast paced business environment. The preferred candidate will also have a history of providing value-add technology solutions to business problems.
- Creating architectural design and full-stack development
- Collaborating with business stakeholders to design application solutions to meet their emerging requirements
- Analyzing existing systems and workflows to identify inefficiencies and offer solutions for improvement
- Design/Develop/deploy/Support applications independently using Agile methodology
- Proven track record of developing front office applications for buy side firms
- Firm understanding of Java 1.6 - 1.8 core APIs, including collections, multi-threading, concurrency, XML, Spring (MVC, REST) and SWING
- Understanding of middleware/message driven architecture like JMS, Webshere MQ or Tibco EMS
- Knowledge of RDMBS (Sql-Server, Oracle, Sybase preferred)
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies
- Exposure to Electronic trading (FIX4.2), algorithmic trading, EMS solutions, ATS (Liquidnet, BIDS) is a plus
- Knowledge of mobile app development is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to engage and work closely with technology teammates as well as business users
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical and structured approach to problem solving
- Experience and comfortable working in a high pressure environment
Meet Some of Lazard's Employees
Vice President, Financial Advisory, NY
Tracy advises Lazard clients on their debt and equity needs for financing successful mergers and acquisitions – answering their questions and offering insightful perspective.
Back to top