Senior Cloud Engineer – Azure
- New York, NY
Lazard is looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to join our rapidly evolving Global Infrastructure team. The goal of this role will be to engineer and deliver the core and foundational cloud services that meet the highest security, compliance, and operational standards in order to satisfy the firm's application hosting needs.
This individual will provide technical leadership in architecting, implementing, and operationalizing the firm's hybrid cloud hosing zones. The focus will be on security, full-stack automation, DevOps, and self-service. You will need to influence and work across diverse teams to design and implement the foundational hosting zone services for hybrid cloud environments. You will partner with DevOps, Development and Infrastructure teams with the goal of architecting the applications and how they leverage infrastructure services in cloud environments. In addition, you'll work with teams to recommend operational tools, automate operational workflows, investigate system failures and complex outages, improve monitoring infrastructure, define service level objectives and agreements for cloud-based services, capabilities and applications.
- Hands on public cloud expertise within large enterprises -Azure
- Experience in developing an enterprise cloud strategy and ongoing cloud roadmaps for service offerings and enhancements
- Expertise in full stack cloud automation using tools such as: Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Puppet, ServiceNow, etc...
- Good programming skills in Python or Go, and an ability to pick up new ones.
- Experience in the Linux and Windows operating environment and a good understanding of its fundamentals and internals
- Working knowledge of cloud networking services and cloud network architectures.
- Good understanding of large-scale distributed systems engineering principles and application of them in practice, including elastic computing, automated change/incident management, monitoring, telemetry analysis, performance optimization, scaling etc...
- On-going production operations of Azure hosted infrastructure and applications
- Drive the development and use of new and self-service tooling to support the operating model for the cloud
- Improve resiliency for all cloud applications and infrastructure and ensure that HA, DR, Data Protection requirements are appropriately engineered and implemented for each workload
- Stand up cloud environments based on established standards and guard-rails
- Use configuration management, orchestration and management tooling to ensure cloud environments meet operational and security standards
- Be a subject matter expert in reducing and resolving production incidents by identifying preventive controls and driving proactive efforts
- 5+ years of reliability and operations experience - Linux, Windows, DevOps, Infrastructure, Network, Cyber
- 3+ years of experience with cloud - Azure
- Expertise in troubleshooting cloud environments - finding and fixing critical production issues
- Practical experience with modern scripting languages - Python, Powershell, Perl, PHP, Shell
- Experience implementing Infrastructure as Code - Terraform, Ansible etc..
- Expertise in management and monitoring cloud tooling
- Experience with AIOps platforms to automate and shift-left operations functions
- Experience supporting mission critical applications and infrastructure on a 24x7 basis
- Working knowledge of cloud security principles and best practices
- Working knowledge of cloud networking - DNS, SG, NACL, firewalls,
- Expertise in driving good hygiene in cloud environments - in place patching, immutability, compliance monitoring, cleanup of technical debt, IAM
- Experience with a DevOps delivery model for infrastructure, applications, and configuration
- Designing operational state to be policy and automation driven
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multitask, work well under pressure and prioritize work against competing deadlines and changing business priorities
- AWS experience in addition to Azure, a strong plus
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Software development experience
- Azure Certifications
Back to top