Senior Cloud Engineer – AWS
- New York, NY
Lazard is looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to join our rapidly evolving Global Infrastructure team. The goal of this role will be to engineer and deliver the core and foundational cloud services that meet the highest security, compliance, and operational standards in order to satisfy the firm's application hosting needs.
This individual will provide technical leadership in architecting, implementing, and operationalizing the firm's hybrid cloud hosing zones. The focus will be on security, full-stack automation, DevOps, and self-service. You will need to influence and work across diverse teams to design and implement the foundational hosting zone services for hybrid cloud environments. You will partner with DevOps, Development and Infrastructure teams with the goal of architecting the applications and how they leverage infrastructure services in cloud environments. In addition, you'll work with teams to recommend operational tools, automate operational workflows, investigate system failures and complex outages, improve monitoring infrastructure, define service level objectives and agreements for cloud-based services, capabilities and applications.
- Hands on public cloud expertise within large enterprises - AWS required, Azure and GCP strongly preferred.
- Experience in developing an enterprise cloud strategy and ongoing cloud roadmaps for service offerings and enhancements
- Expertise in full stack cloud automation using tools such as: Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Puppet, ServiceNow, etc...
- Good programming skills in Python or Go, and an ability to pick up new ones.
- Experience in the Linux and Windows operating environment and a good understanding of its fundamentals and internals
- Working knowledge of cloud networking services and cloud network architectures.
- Good understanding of large-scale distributed systems engineering principles and application of them in practice, including elastic computing, automated change/incident management, monitoring, telemetry analysis, performance optimization, scaling etc...
- Support On-going production operations of AWS hosted infrastructure and applications
- Drive the development and use of new and self-service tooling to support the operating model for the cloud
- Improve resiliency for all cloud applications and infrastructure and ensure that HA, DR, Data Protection requirements are appropriately engineered and implemented for each workload
- Stand up cloud environments based on established standards and guard-rails
- Use configuration management, orchestration and management tooling to ensure cloud environments meet operational and security standards
Desired, but not Required
Experience in cloud security, and hands-on experience with native security services as well as 3 rd party security products running in cloud environments
Back to top