Senior Cloud Architect
Lazard is looking for an innovative converged solutions architect to join our IT department. This individual will be working on developing the firm's practical architectural standards across all key domains: application, infrastructure, security, data. This role will link business objectives to the technology strategy and define/document architectural models and standards that show how the current and future needs of the firm will be met in an efficient, secure, sustainable, agile and adaptable manner.
This is a key role overseeing the development of architectural standards, technology evaluation and transfer, and related technology governance processes. This position has the responsibility to define, apply, teach, evangelize tools, frameworks, methodology, and process related to the implementation of architecture concepts and solutions to accelerate the delivery of value across the enterprise to meet the ever-changing business needs. This role requires strong knowledge in domains that define the enterprise and the ability to pragmatically establish an architecture program capable of defining and executing strategic roadmaps.
This role will be responsible for defining, governing, and documenting full stack technology standards to enable a more efficient delivery of technology products/services that meet the security, operability, and regulatory requirements of the firm. The individual will deliver solution elements that require a consulting skill set yet require strong influence and leadership, documentation, and collaboration skills to drive business and technical teams to implement key architectural goals. The creation and maintenance of practical application and infrastructure patterns will allow the application development teams to leverage a "fast-path" to getting their applications deployed and upgraded using firm approved best practices. While the development of a "net technology introduction" framework will define a predictable review and on-boarding process for brining new technologies into the firm. This role will be accountable for collaborating across the enterprise to generate and maintain the patterns, models, documentation, standards, and governance process to enable a more efficient adoption of templates and standards across technology in order to reduce the friction and complexity and increase agility, automation and standardization in line with latest industry best practices.
Collaborate across business, applications, and infrastructure teams to provide technical directions on system analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Lead solution architecture forum to establish an Architecture Community of Practice (COP) and drive and govern the creation of cross-domain architectural standards
- Lead an architectural review forum to review projects and ensure they are aligned with standards and optimized for delivery across all stakeholder groups
- Establish and manage an architecture standards catalog in collaboration with all stakeholder groups
- Drive a security, automation, cloud first mind-set and culture and enable folks who are aligning with pre-established standards to move as fast as possible
- Establish a practical review and governance process for experimenting with new products/patterns and introducing new products into the firm
- Drive cloud architecture and be a core member of the Cloud Management Office
- Develop a consistent way for all product/service groups to document their roadmaps
- Be a culture-carrier and drive key architectural themes across the technology organization: automation, cloud ,security, immutability, risk mgmt., test driven, continuous improvement, agile, fail-fast
- 8+ years of architecture, engineering, development, or infrastructure experience
- 4+ years of solution and enterprise architecture leadership experience - leading architecture initiatives which directly helped to optimized the development and shipping of enterprise applications, platforms and systems
- Architecture Certification: Togaf, Zachman, AWS Architect etc...
- Expertise in all the necessary domains to cover full-stack solution architecture needs - application, infrastructure (network, compute, storage, management, workplace), security, data
- Direct experience with Agile and DevOps
- Expertise in broad array of application architecture approaches and ways of efficiently juggling traditional vs emerging approaches
- Experience with micro services and containers
- Deep expertise in cloud architectures within enterprises to enable cloud migrations at scale- patterns to simplify the delivery of key requirements for federated appdev teams moving into the cloud: security, resiliency, compliance, DR, data protection, automation
- Proven track record of influencing and building credibility with highly technical, cross functional, teams across all seniority levels
- Experience in staying ahead of industry trends and applying industry best practices to enterprise roadmaps and challenges
- Experience in leading Architecture Review Boards in large enterprises
- Proven hands-on track record deploying and architecture management solutions along with documenting and managing architecture standards and patterns for an enterprise
Business Process Modelling and Logic Design
Project and Program Management
Experience in large scale software development
Financial regulatory landscape experience and understanding
Deep infrastructure expertise: networking, security, compute, storage, data protection, authentication, entitlements, monitoring, management, change/incident management etc...
Back to top