Lazard is looking for a Senior Cloud Architect and evangelist to join our rapidly evolving Cloud Platforms team. In this unique leadership role, you will engineer the core and foundational cloud services across multiple clouds with reuse and manageability in mind. Help build reusable architectural patterns for developers to build and migrate applications to cloud.
This individual will provide technical leadership in architecting, implementing, and operationalizing the firm's hybrid cloud hosting zones. The focus will be on security, full-stack automation, monitoring, and developer experience. You will be developer advocate for Cloud capabilities to influence and work across diverse teams to design and implement easy to use hybrid cloud environments. You will partner with DevOps, Development, and Infrastructure teams with the goal of architecting the applications and how they leverage infrastructure services in cloud environments.
Are you ready to step up to the New and take your technology expertise to the next level?
- Design and Implement AWS architectures and environments
- Design Native Cloud Application Architectures or optimize applications for AWS
- Collaborating within a project team to solve complex problems
- Evangelize the Cloud across the development and IT teams
- Responsible for the development of architecture blueprints for increased cloud adaption
- Responsible for recommendation on Cloud architecture strategies, processes, and methodologies.
- Involved in design and implementation of best fit solution with respect to multi-cloud ecosystem
- Deep understanding of AWS components and be well versed with the AWS well architected framework and can apply those principles while designing a solution.
- Good understanding of AWS network and security engineering principles
- Improve resiliency for all cloud applications and infrastructure and ensure that HA, DR, Data Protection requirements are appropriately engineered and implemented for each workload
- Use configuration management, orchestration, and management tooling to ensure cloud environments meet operational and security standards.
- Good communication skills with the ability to work with fluid requirements and shape them in collaboration with other team members
- Solid Experience with one programming language like Java 8/above or Python version 3+
Looking back on your first 12 months at Lazard, you will have:
- Developed a detailed understanding of our cloud infrastructure systems and proposed and implemented cloud standards and architectural usage patterns.
- Continually enhanced automation of environment architecture/deployments, taking full advantage of cloud agility utilizing IAC tools and CICD tools (gitops).
- Developed a Containers/Kubernetes strategy and evangelized the usage across the company
- Improve the security posture of our infrastructure with right monitoring and logging.
- Work with our engineering teams to troubleshoot issues, provide guidance, and enable them to work with our infrastructure and platforms
- Helped developers with Cloud architecture and migration planning.
AWS Architect or Developer certification is a plus
- 5+ years of reliability and operations experience - Linux, Windows, DevOps, Infrastructure, Network, Cyber
- 3+ years of experience with cloud - AWS
- Expertise in troubleshooting cloud environments - finding and fixing critical production issues
- Practical experience with modern scripting languages - Python, Powershell, Perl, PHP, Shell
- Experience implementing Infrastructure as Code - Terraform, Ansible etc..
- Expertise in management and monitoring cloud tooling
- Experience with AIOps platforms to automate and shift-left operations functions
- Experience supporting mission critical applications and infrastructure on a 24x7 basis
- Working knowledge of cloud security principles and best practices
- Working knowledge of cloud networking - DNS, SG, NACL, firewalls,
- Expertise in driving good hygiene in cloud environments - in place patching, immutability, compliance monitoring, cleanup of technical debt, IAM
- Experience with a DevOps delivery model for infrastructure, applications, and configuration
- Designing operational state to be policy and automation driven
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multitask, work well under pressure and prioritize work against competing deadlines and changing business priorities
- AWS experience in addition to Azure, a strong plus
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Software development experience
- Azure Certifications