Lazard Private Capital Advisory is a trusted advisor committed to long-term relationships with clients by providing thoughtful and innovative private capital solutions through a globally integrated platform. Lazard PCA advises a wide range of private equity, private credit and real estate sponsors as well as institutional investors across these alternative investment spaces.
The Private Capital Solutions team, also known as the "Secondary Advisory" team sits within Lazard PCA and is a leading advisor to financial sponsors and institutional investors on a variety of liquidity solutions, sales of private fund investments and direct equity capital raisings. The group is a market leader in GP-led secondary advisory, having advised on many of the largest and most innovative transactions over the past few years.
This Associate role combines investment banking activity (deal origination, due diligence, strategic and financial advice, structuring and execution) with capital markets functions (sales and distribution). We work with all types of sponsors including venture capital, growth equity and buyout and analyze portfolios across all industry verticals. We are a small team with a flat structure and an associate would get significant exposure to clients, secondary buyers and other deal participants.
Individual responsibilities include:
- Performing market analyses to generate potential new business leads, preparing meeting materials and participating actively in meetings with prospective clients
- Analyzing alternative investment portfolios, including intensive company and fund modelling
- Preparing transaction information (e.g. memoranda, data room materials, investor presentations)
- At least three years of investment banking, secondary advisory or investing experience
- A proven ability (through multiple similar assignments) to work on complex transactions
- A strong and demonstrable analytical background
- Effective presentation, communication and writing skills
- Top academic performance with comfort operating in a fast-paced environment that values initiative, creativity, maturity, and poise
Lazard is an intellectual capital business focused on delivering the best advice and solutions to clients. Achieving these objectives requires us to identify, develop and retain the best talent. A workforce comprised of people with varied backgrounds and experiences creates a rich diversity of thought that empowers us to challenge conventional wisdom, as diverse perspectives lead to better decisions.
Our appreciation of diversity's strength is ingrained in our multi-cultural heritage. As a global firm that has grown organically from local roots in different countries, we have a deep tradition of respect for individual differences, which has been core to our success for several decades.
The ongoing cultivation of diversity and an inclusive, equitable culture are essential to our continued growth. We are committed to sustaining an environment in which all employees - regardless of socioeconomic status, race, color, nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran or military status - can bring their whole selves to work to maximize their individual potential and our collective success.