M&A Vice President - Oil & Gas
At Lazard, Vice Presidents operate as part of small transaction teams which provide a wide range of services to clients, including mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, special committee assignments, activism and takeover engagements, corporate restructurings, and strategic partnerships / joint ventures.
Lazard Houston offers an unparalleled opportunity to work on important, high-profile, complex mandates, which provides exposure to senior decision makers at our clients as well as bankers throughout the firm globally. The office serves as the global "hub" for our energy practice. Our Vice Presidents will be exposed to all of the sub-sectors in the global Oil & Gas industry, including Exploration & Production, Midstream, Refining & Chemicals and Oilfield Services.
Day-to-day activities of a Vice President include managing deal processes, interacting with senior decision makers at our clients as well as bankers throughout the firm globally, creating and preparing presentations, financial analysis and providing guidance to and supervising Associates and Analysts, among other activities. Travel is often required as part of projects, including internationally.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
• 3+ years of experience in energy investment banking; relevant experience in strategic advisory, including mergers and acquisitions is preferable
• Strong client and presentation skills
• Comfort operating in a fast-paced environment that values initiative, creativity, maturity, and poise
• Strong quantitative background and analytical skills
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills and ability to multi-task
• Exceptional level of focus on work quality and attention to detail
• Motivation to work as a team player and contribute to / foster a constructive and positive team culture
Meet Some of Lazard's Employees
Tracy F.Vice President, Financial Advisory, NY
Tracy advises Lazard clients on their debt and equity needs for financing successful mergers and acquisitions – answering their questions and offering insightful perspective.
Back to top