M&A Associate - Houston
Lazard Associates are a crucial part of the Investment Banking Group. Successful candidates will operate as part of small transaction teams which provide a wide range of services to clients, including mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, special committee assignments activism and takeover engagements, corporate restructurings, and strategic partnerships / joint ventures.
Lazard Houston offers an unparalleled opportunity to work on important, high-profile, complex mandates, which provides exposure to senior decision makers at our clients as well as bankers throughout the firm globally. The office serves as the global "hub" for our energy practice. Our Associates will be exposed to all of the sub-sectors in the global Oil & Gas industry, including Exploration & Production, Midstream, Refining & Chemicals and Oilfield Services.
Day-to-day activities of an Associate include financial analysis and modeling, creating and preparing presentations, interacting with clients and senior deal team members, managing deal processes and providing guidance to and supervising Analysts, among other activities. Associates regularly travel on projects, including internationally.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
• Investment banking experience, preferably in energy; relevant experience in strategic advisory, including mergers and acquisition is preferable
• Top academic performance
• Comfort operating in a fast-paced environment that values initiative, creativity, maturity, and poise
• Strong quantitative background and analytical skills
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Exceptional level of focus on work quality and attention to detail
• Motivation to work as a team player and contribute to / foster a constructive and positive team culture
Meet Some of Lazard's Employees
Vice President, Financial Advisory, NY
Tracy advises Lazard clients on their debt and equity needs for financing successful mergers and acquisitions – answering their questions and offering insightful perspective.
Back to top