Investment Banking Associate - Power, Energy & Infrastructure
At Lazard, Associates work as part of client teams which provide a wide range of services, including: general financial advice, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, special committee assignments, takeover defense, corporate restructurings, strategic partnerships/joint ventures, advice on capital structure, and underwritings.
Lazard offers an unparalleled opportunity to work as part of small deal teams on strategic and other assignments, providing meaningful exposure to senior bankers and client representatives.
Day-to-day activities of an Associate include: financial analysis and modeling, creating and preparing client presentations, interacting with clients, managing deal processes and providing guidance to Analysts, among other activities.
In the Power, Energy & Infrastructure group, our Associates work in a generalist capacity spanning the following verticals: Power & Utilities, Alternative Energy, and Infrastructure (transportation, energy-related, or other). Clients include global corporations, financial sponsors, governments and other key stakeholders.
• One to two years of Associate-level investment banking experience
• Strong interest in Power/Energy/Infrastructure investment banking (but no prior background in PEI is required)
• Top academic performance with comfort operating in an environment which values initiative, creativity, maturity, and poise
• Strong quantitative background and analytical skills coupled with attention to detail
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills with ability to multi-task
• Motivation to work as a team player and contribute to a positive team culture
Back to top