Investment Banking Associate - Consumer (Lazard Middle Market - Chicago)
Experienced Consumer M&A Associate
The Position. Lazard Middle Market has an opening in its Consumer group for an experienced Associate to join their team. The position offers an outstanding career opportunity in investment banking with a highly successful investment banking firm specializing in middle market mergers and acquisitions.
Responsibilities. The associate serves as a key member of the deal team, working directly with managing directors, directors, vice presidents and analysts on engagements. The associate will be given significant responsibility and will gain in-depth transaction experience, client exposure, negotiation skills, and an understanding of transaction structures. In most M&A assignments, the associate will participate in and/or oversee various aspects of the following:
- Preparation of and participation in new business presentations
- Business research
- Valuation analysis and financial modeling
- Preparation of Confidential Offering Memoranda
- Development of potential buyer lists
- Preparation of management presentations
- Significant client interaction at multiple levels
- Interaction with potential buyers
- Development, training, and mentoring of analysts.
Qualified candidates typically possess a combination of the following attributes:
- Strong undergraduate and graduate academic performance (3.5 GPA or better)
- MBA or equivalent graduate school degree preferred
- 1 or more years of experience as an Investment Banking Associate; 3 years of experience as an Investment Banking Analyst; or 3 years of experience in Transaction Advisory Services in a Big 4 accounting firm strongly desired
- Merger and acquisition experience
- Background in investment banking, public accounting, or finance
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to work a demanding schedule
- Highly motivated, with a strong desire to be the "best of the best".
Meet Some of Lazard's Employees
Vice President, Financial Advisory, NY
Tracy advises Lazard clients on their debt and equity needs for financing successful mergers and acquisitions – answering their questions and offering insightful perspective.
Back to top