Investment Banking Associate - Consumer (Lazard Middle Market - Chicago)
Associate - Consumer, Food & Retail (Lazard Middle Market)
The Consumer, Food & Retail team of Lazard's Middle Market Advisory practice is seeking an M&A Associate to join their team in Chicago. The position offers an outstanding career opportunity in investment banking with a highly successful investment banking firm specializing in middle market mergers and acquisitions.
Lazard has specialists throughout the world with deep experience and relationships in the Consumer sector, and has advised on industry defining transactions, playing key advisory roles in some of the most important, complex and recognizable mergers and acquisitions.
Responsibilities. The associate serves as a key member of the deal team, working directly with managing directors, directors, vice presidents and analysts on engagements. The associate will be given significant responsibility and will gain in-depth transaction experience, client exposure, negotiation skills, and an understanding of transaction structures. In most M&A assignments, the associate will participate in and/or oversee various aspects of the following:
- Preparation of and participation in new business presentations
- Business research
- Valuation analysis and financial modeling
- Preparation of Confidential Offering Memoranda
- Development of potential buyer lists
- Preparation of management presentations
- Significant client interaction at multiple levels
- Interaction with potential buyers
- Development, training, and mentoring of analysts.
Qualified candidates will possess a combination of the following attributes:
- Strong undergraduate and graduate academic performance (3.5 GPA or better)
- MBA or equivalent graduate school degree preferred but not required
- Three years of experience as an Analyst or at least one year of experience as an Associate strongly preferred
- Background in investment banking, public accounting, or finance
- Ability to work a demanding schedule
- Highly motivated, with a strong desire to be the "best of the best"
Back to top