Experienced M&A Associate - FIG (Lazard Middle Market - New York)
The Financial Institutions Group of Lazard's Middle Market Advisory practice is seeking an M&A Associate to join their team in New York. The position offers an outstanding career opportunity in investment banking with a highly successful investment banking firm specializing in middle market mergers and acquisitions to work with depository institutions and consumer finance companies.
Lazard has specialists throughout the world with deep sector expertise, and has advised on industry defining transactions, playing key advisory roles in some of the most important, complex and recognizable mergers and acquisitions.
The associate serves as a key member of the deal team, working directly with managing directors, directors, vice presidents and analysts on engagements. The associate will be given significant responsibility and will gain in-depth transaction experience, client exposure, negotiation skills, and an understanding of transaction structures. In most M&A assignments, the associate will participate in and/or oversee various aspects of the following:
- Preparation of and participation in new business presentations
- Business research
- Valuation analysis and financial modeling
- Preparation of Confidential Offering Memoranda
- Development of potential buyer lists
- Preparation of management presentations
- Significant client interaction at multiple levels
- Interaction with potential buyers
- Development, training, and mentoring of analysts.
- Strong undergraduate and graduate academic performance (3.5 GPA or better)
- MBA or equivalent graduate school degree in progress, preferred but not required
- Three years of investment banking experience at the Analyst level or recent MBA graduate currently working in investment banking
- Background in investment banking, public accounting, or finance
- Excellent written communication skills, as evidenced by writing samples
- Ability to work a demanding schedule
- Highly motivated, with a strong desire to be the "best of the best"
Meet Some of Lazard's Employees
Vice President, Financial Advisory, NY
Tracy advises Lazard clients on their debt and equity needs for financing successful mergers and acquisitions – answering their questions and offering insightful perspective.
Back to top