Convertible Securities Advisory Group - Associate
Lazard Freres, one of the world's preeminent financial advisory and asset management firms, operates from 40 cities across 23 countries in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, Central and South America. With origins dating back to 1848, the firm provides advice on mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and capital raising, as well as asset management services to corporations, partnerships, institutions, governments, and individuals.
Lazard's Convertible Securities Advisory Group team's primary responsibilities are: (i) execution of convertible (debt and preferred) exchange and restructuring transactions (ii) origination and execution of new public convertible debt and preferred issues coupled with equity derivatives advisory(iii) corporate financial structuring advisory across industries.
Exposure will be broad based, as the intimate size of the group and firm gives individuals the ability to gain experience in a wide range of corporate finance execution and advisory work, including partnering with the M&A and restructuring groups.
Associate Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Execution of convertible (debt and preferred) exchange and restructuring transactions
• Preparation of pitches, focusing on complex situations
• Leveraging knowledge of convertible security from modeling, pitching and legal/tax/accounting perspectives
• Training, managing and recruiting more junior resources
• Oversight for process improvement of internal tools, focused on measuring and improving key efficiency metrics
• Undergraduate degree /strong foundation in finance, economics, mathematics, engineering, statistics, research, or accounting
• Three to four years of Analyst/Associate-level experience in an investment banking product area, whether debt, equity, derivative or M&A that emphasizes building and improving quantitative models
• Strong understanding of the key legal, accounting, tax or process-related requirements or constraints relating to the aforementioned product area(s)
• Familiarity with deal lifecycle --from (i) product development and refinement; (ii) pitch process and refinement; (iii) execution process and refinement
• Familiarity with and/or ability to interface with sales/trading or syndicate desks on day-to-day management of pitches as well as execution
• Ability to manage multiple critical projects -can produce work product independently and delegate effectively
• Facility with the general requirements of "pitching" process in terms of production and presentation
• Facility or experience with improving work product output or data base management skills
• Top academic performers who are willing to work hard in an unstructured environment, which values initiative, maturity and enthusiasm for learning
Back to top