Associate - TMT
LONDON FINANCIAL ADVISORY TMT ASSOCIATE
Lazard has a simple and powerful model, focused on two businesses: Financial Advisory and Asset Management. Through our Financial Advisory business, Lazard advises clients around the world on strategic and financial matters including mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, capital structure and capital raising. Lazard provides advisory clients with a quality of service we believe no other firm can match. Our client relationships are built on trust and discretion. We are deeply established in business centres around the world, with meaningful local relationships and insight. As the world's largest advisory-focused firm, we have exceptional depth of expertise across industry sectors and geographies.
Associate - TMT
Lazard is seeking to recruit an Associate to join the TMT Team in London. The Associate will report into senior bankers on each transaction.
Role and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the day to day support of transaction and marketing efforts and conducting company and industry analysis on new transaction opportunities;
- Demonstrates strong technical and analytical skills; builds financial models with ease;
- Research, analyse, sensitise and adapt both internal and client-prepared financial and statistical analysis/ models. Evaluate qualitative and quantitative data;
- Responsible for assisting in the preparation and producing of presentations and marketing materials for TMT clients and prospective clients in consultation with team members. Assist with the execution of M&A TMT transactions;
- Effectively manages own work and that of juniors; takes responsibility for accuracy; quality check finished products with regards to content, consistency and grammar. Responsible for the accuracy of numerical work produced by junior bankers before delivering the final product to senior bankers;
- Day to day management, supervision and development of Analysts. Responsible for the delegation of work to juniors and active supervision of information reported back to Associates; Act as a role model for Analysts;
- Assist MD's and senior bankers on an ad hoc basis as needed with various reports and analyses;
- Handles execution and process flawlessly;
- Understands clients' objectives and recommends potential solutions;
- Shows ability to identify ideas for the creation of new business;
- Use own knowledge and judgement to add information to presentations where appropriate. Assist in due diligence efforts;
- Identify issues arising and offer potential solutions. Create productive relationships with clients and advisors;
- Communicates effectively and appropriately; turns ideas into concise and comprehensive presentations;
- Proactive team participant; shares information; broadens profile across Lazard groups and regions;
- Anticipates needs; is proactive in making value-added contributions;
- Independently develops sound and logical views; understands both big picture and minutiae;
- Shows confidence, professionalism and accountability;
- Contributes to firm-wide initiatives including recruiting, training, professional development and other activities.
- The successful candidate will have gained significant M&A transaction experience within an investment banking environment.
- Previous TMT M&A transaction experience;
- Solid understanding of financial modelling and processes that support the M&A approach - e.g. valuations, company overviews;
- Outstanding quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to support extensive modelling within excel presentation preparations;
- Strong knowledge of finance and accounting practices to support M&A activity;
- Outstanding quantitative and qualitative analytical skills. Continue to develop strong technical and modelling skills;
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities and requests;
- Ability to take initiative and function independently, balanced with strong team skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with the ability to maintain relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels. Strong written skills;
- Ability to deliver requested materials to senior bankers in a timely manner;
- Demonstrates awareness of the regulatory environment;
- Must maintain high standards of professional and ethical conduct, adhere to legal and regulatory requirements of the banking environment and follow Lazard policies and procedures.
- Minimum 2.1 university degree classification (or equivalent if studied outside the UK);
Opening date: Monday, 17 th September
The closing date for all applications: Wednesday, 17 th October 2018
Back to top