Associate - Private Capital Advisory (Secondary Advisory)
Lazard Private Capital Advisory is a trusted advisor committed to long-term relationships with clients by providing thoughtful and innovative private capital solutions through a globally integrated platform. Lazard Private Capital Advisory is a global business with offices in the US, Europe and Asia. The team provides three core advisory services to its clients: primary private fund raising; secondary sale advisory; and direct capital raising. These businesses combine investment banking activity (deal origination, due diligence, strategic and financial advice, structuring and execution) with capital markets functions (sales and distribution). The group is a recognized leader in these markets.
Lazard's Secondary Advisory team advises two core client bases: financial sponsors, such as private equity or private real estate firms, and institutional investors, such as pension funds and endowments. Typical secondary market transactions on which the firm advises its clients take one of two forms: (i) advising a financial sponsor in the creation of a liquidity or capital raising solution for one or more portfolio companies or for the underlying limited partners in a fund; or (ii) advising an institutional investor on the sale of a portfolio of private investments. Lazard advises our clients with regard to the financial position of alternative investment portfolios, structuring of a transaction, preparation of marketing materials, sale or recapitalization process, negotiation with counter parties and other items. The Secondary Advisory team operates from offices in New York, London, Paris and Singapore and advises clients around the world on the creation of these liquidity and capital raising solutions.
The Associate will be one of the key individuals on transactions, relevant pitch processes and will work with other professionals to originate new business opportunities (through their investor, general partner, and personal networks) and execute assignments for clients. The Associate will report to the senior professionals on the Secondary Advisory Team and to the head of Private Capital Advisory. Individual responsibilities include:
• performing market analyses to generate potential new business leads, preparing meeting materials and participating actively in meetings with prospective clients
• analyzing alternative investment portfolios, including intensive company and fund modelling
• preparing transaction information (e.g. memoranda, data room materials, investor presentations
The ideal candidate will have:
• at least three years of investment banking, secondary advisory, investing, consulting or similar experience
• a proven ability (through multiple similar assignments) to work on complex transactions
• a strong and demonstrable analytical background
• effective presentation, communication and writing skills
Back to top