Associate - Consumer & Retail
At Lazard's New York office, Associates work as part of client teams that provide a wide range of strategic advice and services relating to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, takeover defenses, corporate restructurings, partnerships/joint ventures, shareholder activism and capital structure.
Lazard offers an unparalleled opportunity to work as part of small deal teams on important strategic assignments, providing meaningful exposure to senior bankers and client representatives.
Day-to-day activities of an Associate include: financial analysis and modeling, creating and preparing client presentations and marketing materials, interacting with clients, managing deal processes and providing guidance to and supervising Analysts, among other activities.
In the Consumer-Retail Group, our Associates work in a generalist capacity spanning various sub-sector verticals, such as Food, Beverages, Household and Personal Care, Retail and Apparel.
• Three years of investment banking experience at the Analyst level or one or two years of investment banking experience at the Associate level
• Top academic performance with comfort operating in an unstructured environment which values initiative, creativity, maturity, and poise
• Strong quantitative background and analytical skills
• Proven success in an environment that champions coaching and leadership
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills with ability to multi-task
• Motivation to work as a team player and contribute to a positive team culture
Meet Some of Lazard's Employees
Vice President, Financial Advisory, NY
Tracy advises Lazard clients on their debt and equity needs for financing successful mergers and acquisitions – answering their questions and offering insightful perspective.
Back to top