2021: Lazard Asset Management: Sales - Client Service Summer Associate (NYC)
- New York, NY
Lazard Asset Management is an industry leader with over $222 billion assets under management. With an international presence that dates back to our early history, we have deep roots in multiple countries. Our firm provides investment management services to institutions, financial intermediaries, sovereign wealth funds, and private clients around the world.
Our Sales team engage investors and their representatives to identify investment needs and explore ways in which LAM is positioned to meet those needs. There are several departments within Sales including: Capital Advisory, Financial Institutions, and Regional Institutions.
Our hands on, 10-week internship program is designed for rising seniors, who are interested in pursuing a career in Sales. In addition to role specific training, interns also receive mentorship, engage in networking and volunteer opportunities, and benefit from employee resource groups such as LEAD, focused on the development of future leaders through training, internal mobility, and philanthropy. The summer internship concludes with a final capstone project in which interns present an innovative sales pitch or a white paper on an interesting industry topic.
Please note our program is for rising juniors, class of 2022 only.
Summer Associate responsibilities :
- Work with Internal and External marketers to best understand LAM's diverse client base and strategic products sold within a channel
- Research major trends within the industry to drive sales channel business
- Prioritize extensive potential prospects list based on firm strengths and client needs
- Work alongside Client Service Associates to complete client requests
- Use various internal and external research tools to conduct analyses further deepening client relationships
- Update quarter-end presentations for portfolio managers and sales representatives
- Automate marketing functions to increase efficiency and streamline processes
- Conduct competitive analysis based on qualitative and quantitative metrics
Our firm is made up of motivated, intellectually curious leaders. We are looking for undergraduates with demonstrated interest in investment management, and passion for client servicing, sales support and relationship management. The inherent qualifications we look for are:
- Juniors (class of 2022 only)
- Consistent academic achievement
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative environment
- Exceptional organization and communication skills (written and oral)
- Intellectually curious and willingness to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- Intermediate use of Excel and PowerPoint preferred
Note, we will review applications on a rolling basis and aim to fill our 2021 class no later than October 31, 2020.
Back to top