2020 Investment Banking Summer Analyst - Lazard Middle Market (New York)
About Lazard Middle Market
Lazard Middle Market, a subsidiary of Lazard Ltd (NYSE: LAZ), is a leading middle market investment bank that provides customized advice on mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity recapitalizations, and financial restructurings to mid-sized companies across a broad range of industries with professionals in Minneapolis, New York, San Francisco, Chicago, Charlotte and Houston.
Investment Banking Summer Analyst Program
The Lazard Middle Market Summer Analyst program is a focused 10-week internship program for university students in their penultimate year. At the onset of the internship, Summer Analysts participate in a classroom training program that will provide them with a strong foundation in the skills they need to be successful at Lazard Middle Market. This program is also supplemented with bespoke on-the-job training with highly experienced leaders on a wide range of assignments across multiple industry sectors throughout the summer, making it the perfect place to start and develop your career.
Day-to-day responsibilities could include:
- Preparation of new business presentations
- Company and industry research
- Financial analysis and modeling
- Preparation of Confidential Offering Memoranda
- Improving the quantitative quality and timeliness of all client-related work
- Spreadsheet, business plan, budget and forecast preparation and analysis
- Candidates must be graduating between December 2020 and Spring 2021
- Candidates should be outstanding academic performers (generally 3.5 GPA or better on a 4.0 scale)
- Academic background in accounting, finance, or economics preferred but not required
Lazard Middle Market seeks applicants who enjoy being challenged and who demonstrate drive, creativity and curiosity. Specific competencies we seek include:
- Highly motivated with a strong desire to be the "best of the best"
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong analytical ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work a demanding schedule
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
Interviews to be held in April and May 2019.
Lazard Middle Market LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top