2019 Investment Banking Summer Associate - Private Capital Advisory (New York)
Lazard Private Capital Advisory is a trusted advisor committed to long-term relationships with clients by providing thoughtful and innovative private capital solutions through a globally integrated platform. Lazard Private Capital Advisory is a global business with offices in the US, Europe and Asia. The team provides advisory services through three principal lines of business: private equity and debt fund raising; private real estate fund raising; and private capital solutions. These businesses combine investment banking activity (deal origination, due diligence, strategic and financial advice, structuring and execution) with capital markets functions (sales and distribution). The group is a recognized leader in these markets.
Lazard's private capital solutions team advises three core client bases: financial sponsors, such as private equity or private real estate firms; institutional investors, such as pension funds and endowments; and privately owned companies. Typical transactions on which the firm advises its clients take one of three forms: (i) advising a financial sponsor in the creation of a liquidity or capital raising solution for one or more portfolio companies or for the underlying limited partners in a fund; (ii) advising an institutional investor on the sale of a portfolio of private investments; advising a privately owned company in an equity or structured capital raising. Lazard is a recognized leader in these market segments, known for providing innovative solutions to clients and for the superior quality of our execution. The team operates from offices in New York, London, Paris and Singapore and advises clients around the world on the creation of these liquidity and capital raising solutions.
The team is looking for a 2019 Summer Associate who will be one of the key individuals on transactions, relevant pitch processes and will work with other professionals to originate new business opportunities (through their investor, general partner, and personal networks) and execute assignments for clients throughout the 10 week program. The Summer Associate will report to the senior professionals on the private capital solutions team, to the head of private capital solutions and to the head of Private Capital Advisory. Individual responsibilities include:
• performing market analyses to generate potential new business leads, preparing meeting materials and participating actively in meetings with prospective clients
• analyzing alternative investment portfolios, including intensive company and fund modelling
• preparing transaction information (e.g. memoranda, data room materials, investor presentations)
• working with clients and colleagues to execute strategic transactions.
The ideal candidate:
• must have a minimum of 2 years of prior work experience before Business School
• currently be matriculated at a MBA or other graduate program and with a graduation date in 2020
• must be a top academic performer who is comfortable in an unstructured environment which values initiative, creativity, maturity, and poise
• possesses a strong quantitative background , strong analytical skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills
Back to top