Sr. Product Manager-Digital Product Development-LaurelRoad (Fintech)
Interested in joining a phenomenal Fintech team (Laurel Road) based in New York City and supported by one of the top super regional banks (KeyCorp) in the country? Looking to be challenged to excel and lead alongside the brightest talent in the industry and be rewarded for your achievements? If your answers are yes, then we have an outstanding opportunity for you. At Laurel Road we have begun work to grow beyond our student lending successes by expanding our product set to offer additional banking products and solutions. We are clearly aimed at growing and expanding client relationships thus we need highly skilled product leaders to help us reach our goals.
We are looking for a Sr. Product Manager to lead the design and delivery of new, innovative banking solutions. These benefits and solutions will simplify and enrich our customers lives and foster deeper engagement with our existing and new financial products and services. What new innovative solutions are we looking to build? That is a great question and one that this leader will help us answer.At this point we know we need to be different and this leader will help us determine how that will look and feel.
As the product owner you will create a best-in-class vision and strategy, focusing specifically on what benefits, solutions and services we will launch and how we will leverage them to engage our customers.You will maintain the product roadmap and development plan, and clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities and desired outcomes throughout the organization.All while holding ultimate responsibility for the design, content, architecture, branding, build, launch, performance, and functionality of the overall program.
ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF):
At Laurel Road we have begun work to grow beyond our student lending successes by expanding our product set to offer additional banking products and solutions. We are clearly aimed at growing and expanding client relationships in 2020 thus we need a highly skilled product/project leader to help us reach our goals. We are looking for a Sr. Product Manager, with a strong digital product and project management background
- Help drive end-to-end new product development from ideation through launch.
- Overseeing multiple product development projects concurrently.
- Holds ultimate responsibility for planning, directing and coordinating project teams, plans, activities and resources to ensure product launches are completed on time, within budget and with optimum quality.
- Primary day to day activities will include preparing, implementing and managing project execution and detailed project plans including definition of scope, requirements, objectives, resource allocation, testing plans, rollout strategy and task schedules and milestones.
- Partner with leadership to develop compelling product constructs and related requirements.
- Over time, as we mature as Product and Product Development team, this role could transition from pure product development to a product management role to ensure the competitiveness of our offering and a healthy balance of revenue and expense to maintain and grow highly sought-after design target.
- Working with leadership to define the high-level mission, vision, and roadmap for your product
- Responsible for delivering product launches according to the defined objectives, on time and within budget
- Typically oversee between one and three projects from ideation through launch concurrently
- Lead and manage in compliance with the established standards of Laurel Road & KeyBank
- Be a Change Agent - support the cultural change required to achieve business outcomes
- Coordinating cross functional teams (line of business, engineering and UX) to bring solutions to market
- Translate research and hypotheses into product requirements and detailed user stories
- Must be familiar with system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and responsibility of each team member, to effectively coordinate team activities.
- Develop, update and maintain detailed project plans and schedules via Microsoft Project, Excel and PowerPoint
- Periodic travel to Laurel Road and KeyBank locations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the financial services industry (preferably banking)
- Product and/or Project management experience (preferably with in banking)
- Technical. Possess experience in major technology project deployments, understanding of core product platforms, and the ability to translate requirements to engineering
- Exhibit strong analytical, interpersonal, collaboration, communication (written, verbal, and technical), presentation, negotiation, influence and problem-solving skills
- Be knowledgeable in managing the definition and execution of projects (conceptualization, requirements, design, development, testing, and implementation)
- 7 years of relevant work experience required
- 7+ years of product management, product development, consulting or related experience highly preferred
- Experience in banking or fintech industries preferred
- Project based work demonstrating exceptional project management, analytical and communication skills
- BA or BS in Business, Finance, Engineering or another technical field
- Project Management Professional (PMP) a plus
- Lean and/or Six Sigma certification a plus
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Back to top