Sr. Certified Financial Planner - Laurel Road National Digital Bank
- Cleveland, OH
ABOUT THE JOB:
Laurel Road, a brand of Key Bank, is part of the expanding FinTech space: we offer a full range of banking products, student loans and financial advice through a digital online experience, https://www.laurelroad.com. We simplify the process for both borrowers and bankers, while increasing choices of products, improving tracking, and offering a positive banking experience.
To expand how we can help our customers, we are launching a new financial planning team to work exclusively with doctors and dentists. Different from traditional financial advice, our planners will be focused on empowering these customers to understand financial priorities and enable them to make decisions. In other words, this role will be responsible to deliver expertise to our customers, understanding that trust and confidence from non-biased advice is what customers are seeking, not just a product offering. As an online platform, all customer conversations, outreach and planning will be done over the phone, via email and with the support of internal and digital tools. As the first Planner hired this individual will also have the very unique opportunity to help define and shape our customer interaction model and the planning tools we use.
- Work with prospects and customers of increasing income and affluence to build longstanding relationships
- Advise clients on wealth issues such as review of outside Assets, Life, Disability, LTC and P&C Insurance, Credit and Deposit Needs, Estate Document and Planning Review, Asset Allocation Reviews, Liquidity and Life Events; Investment advisory services will be referred to the appropriate Key Bank advisor.
- Provide and educate clients on various planning tools centered around the Advice & Guidance hub, also leveraging internal planning software when appropriate.
- Proactively call prospects and customers of Laurel Road to present debt planning, financial planning, career and business support
- Collaborate with clients who are likely to be in younger generations as they are more senior generations, who are technically savvy and may not yet have achieved financial success
- Build, maintain and grow a book of business
- Ensure superior client servicing activities are maintained
- Identify and escalate at risk client situations
- Certified Financial Planner or equivalent experience
- 5+ Years working with clients delivering financial advice and guidance
- 2+ Years outbound phone skills
- 5+ Years of demonstrated sales and business development experience with proven results
- Demonstrated strong or advanced knowledge of Investments, Trust and Credit; ability to consult and prioritize client needs
- Demonstrated in depth knowledge of financial products, including credit products, and banking regulations
- Demonstrated strong client advisory and servicing skills
- College degree
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Back to top