Software Engineering Manager - Laurel Road (Fintech)
- New York, NY
Laurel Road, a brand of Key Bank, is part of the expanding FinTech space: we offer Mortgages, Student Loans, and Personal Loans through a digital online experience, https://www.laurelroad.com. We simplify the process for both borrowers and bankers, while increasing choices of products, improving tracking, and offering a positive banking experience.
Primary Responsibilities of this Software Engineering Manager position :
- This role will span: managing both in-house and outsourced engineering teams, planning projects, system design, infrastructure design, implementing features, and a few occasional bug fixes.
- Create a supportive and collaborative work environment, where talented employees can thrive.
- Monitor and adjust processes to accommodate business needs and promote team strengths.
- Keep projects on track and prepare for future projects. Work with other departments to make both strategic and operational decisions.
- Assess feasibility, plan, and coordinate timely completion of projects, while improving functionality and stability of the system as a whole.
- Guide business towards accomplishing their goals, while managing expectations based on available resources.
- Oversee development of software through the entire product lifecycle in a fluid, fast-paced Agile environment.
- Lead discussions to decide on new platforms, microservices, architecture, design patterns, coding conventions, and best practices.
- Manage product quality and adhere to regulatory policies by providing appropriate code coverage, test automation, documentation, thoroughness in design and implementation.
- Balance competing priorities to ensure we effectively ship new features while resolving defects and managing technical debt.
- Guide the team in using existing frameworks and architecture, including cloud based infrastructure, vendor API, SaaS, and CI/CD. Adapt these for improved effectiveness, changing business needs, maintainability, and flexibility.
- Take technical ownership of projects, in terms of timeliness and quality. Find solutions when no one else on your team can.
- For this role, influence, persuasion, and conflict management skills are a must, as well as proven ability to build trust, inspire others, communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, build consensus, attract top talent, and match employee skills and goals to project objectives.
- Must be a strong technical leader as well as an independent, critical, and analytical thinker who can rapidly adapt to changing business and organizational demands.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- Knowledge of Java 1.6+
- PMP or CSM Certification
- Java 1.8
- Spring MVC
- PostgreSQL, Hibernate and other ORMs, Spring Data, and QueryDSL.
- Tomcat, Heroku, and AWS
- FICO Blaze and other Business Decision Servers, OutSystems
- REST and SOAP
- Knowledge of the Agile process and Test Driven Development
- Integration and Unit Testing Frameworks
- Experience in startup companies
- Authorship of independent projects
- Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Back to top