Senior Software Engineer (Ruby/React) - Laurel Road
- New York, NY
The Sr Software Engineer is responsible for building technology solutions for business problems, which includes architecture, coding, code review, testing, and deployment and often includes business product meetings, where an engineer is forward-deployed to a business meeting in order to help determine the most efficient operational flow to address a problem or opportunity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications.
- Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems.
- Writes and reviews code
- Leads and/or participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
- Manages deployments.
- Gathers requirements and provides operations consulting.
- Adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements, and policies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Background in a technical discipline, either academically or professionally.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, strategies, practices and tools for managing versions and distribution of software products and enhancements.
- Experience working with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle - ranging from architecture and design to implementation and testing.
- Knowledge of modern technology frameworks and architectures.
- Knowledge of and ability to design, plan, and execute testing strategies and tactics to ensure software product quality and adherence to stated requirements.
- Systems level thinking: demonstrated ability to logically work through a problem and find optimal solutions.
- College degree or equivalent work experience required
- 3 Years of Relevant Work Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, or related field preferred
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Back to top