Senior Quality Engineer - Laurel Road (FinTech)
- San Diego, CA
Laurel Road, a brand of Key Bank, is part of the burgeoning FinTech space: we offer Mortgages, Student Loans, and Personal Loans on a self-serve website, https://www.laurelroad.com. We simplify the process for both borrowers and bankers, while increasing choices of products, improving tracking, and making the banking experience much more delightful.
If you are into numbers and finance, want to work with latest QA frameworks, and are ready to revolutionize the financial industry, this is the position for you. While quality is important everywhere, that's especially true for a financial website, where we handle sensitive documents and help people with pivotal financial decisions. Good quality can only be achieved if it's baked into the process from the very beginning.
We are looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to play a key role on a team of brilliant Full Stack and automation engineers as we expand and improve our groundbreaking Mortgage Platform. You will use the latest tools and frameworks, such as Jenkins, Selenium, and JMeter, to automate testing of a website that guides users through journeys, processes data, creates workflow systems for loan officers, and integrates with OCR, income verification, bank statement providers, and many other 3rd party vendors. If you are interested in revolutionizing the financial industry while working with a driven and collaborative team, this is the role for you.
- Lead a team of outsourced QA Analysts. Support both in-house Quality Engineers and Full Stack developers, as they expand our automated test suites.
- Represent the team in high level planning meetings and assist management in making key decisions.
- Advise business and regulators on quality control. Update internal and regulatory compliance documentation.
- Advise management and business on anticipated system behavior in complex scenarios.
- Quickly locate source of high priority production defects, either manually or by developing monitoring automation.
- Expand our automation test framework with an eye towards maintainable design and implementation, security, code coverage, compliance, documentation, following business and regulatory processes, as well as adapting them based on our needs and changes in regulations.
- Create class hierarchies and libraries for Page Object Models classes. Use Selenium to write system tests.
- Write system tests to support all major browsers on all major desktop and mobile platforms.
- Add utility classes to encapsulate functionality for DB, JSON, XML, CSV, OAuth, SAML, REST, SOAP, HTTP, and other format and service wrappers.
- Use HttpClient and above libraries to add REST integration tests to our framework.
- Convert Postman and SoapUI tests to the Java-based integration tests.
- Research new libraries and services, such as SauceLabs services and Excel file readers.
- Configure Jenkins and maven to run daily CI builds.
- Maintain very high levels of product quality and regulatory compliance through the use of test automation, documentation, as well as following existing processes.
- Estimate time for User Stories. Work with Product Owners to understand and, if needed, improve requirements. Work with developers to resolve defects. Complete User Stories to the satisfaction of Product Owners.
- Participate in various Agile meetings: Poker Planning, Iteration Planning, Daily Scrum, Iteration Review, and Retrospective.
- 2+ years of quality engineering experience
- Selenium / WebDriver
- CI/CD tools: Jenkins
- Experience with testing all major browsers on all major platforms
- Java 8
- Mobile browser and mobile application testing
- CI/CD tools: CircleCI
- Selenium Grid
- Any additional major languages: C, C++, C#, R, VB, VBA
- Java test frameworks: TestNG, QTP, UFT, Cucumber, home-grown frameworks
- Web Service test tools: Postman, SoapUI
- Advanced SQL
- Databases: Postgres, Oracle, MySQL, Sybase
- Package managers: maven, ant, npm, sbt, rpm, gem, pip
- Some knowledge of Linux/UNIX and shell
- Bachelor's degree in computer science
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Back to top