Fashion Week Intern
We’re looking for a highly motivated intern to join our growing Launchmetrics team here in New York as a Fashion Week Intern. As an intern, you will be working on our Customer Success team directly with our Product Support Manager and Product Support Specialists. Our goal is to ensure that all of our clients who are representing designers at New York Fashion Week have a seamless and outstanding experience using our GPS Events product. Both New York Fashion Week: Men’s and New York Fashion Week: The Shows will take place in February 2017.
Listed in The Muse's 10 Awesome New York City Companies to Check Out for Your Next Job, Fashion GPS, a Launchmetrics company, is the leading technology for helping brands launch their products to market. With a stronghold in the industry, we specialize in efficient product tracking, digital showroom management, and event management. Our software was built to simplify and improve all aspects of the fashion industry workflow and we are now considered the industry standard with top designers and PR firms around the globe.
This is a unique opportunity to gain hands on exposure to the fashion industry during it’s busiest and most exciting time of season. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to actively engage in the on-site tasks led by the Customer Success team during Fashion Week. These tasks include event production hardware set-up, software walkthroughs, system troubleshooting and problem-solving. While we work directly with all the major PR teams at Fashion Week, please note that Launchmetrics is a fashion technology company, not a PR firm.
- Currently enrolled in a 4-Year college in or near New York City
- Eligible to receive University credit
- Available to start before New York Fashion Week: Men’s (January 31st-February 2nd, 2017), continue through New York Fashion Week: The Shows (February 9th-February 17th, 2017)
- Previously demonstrated ability to perform within a fast-paced, multi-priority venue setting
- Previously demonstrated ability to be a productive, timely, and engaged member of a team
- General knowledge of the fashion PR processes and major fashion industry players
- Excellent communication skills and ability to respond appropriately to thousands of fashion week patrons per day
- Previous experience working at an event
- Previous experience working with iOS application on Apple iPads and iPhones as well as Samsung Galaxy phones
- Assist Customer Success team in testing Samsung Galaxy, Apple iPhone, and Apple iPad hardware with Events GPS iOS application 90 minutes prior to first fashion show every day
- Assist Customer Success team in training PR teams on how to use Apple iPad, Mobile Printer, and Events GPS iOS application 60 minutes prior to each fashion show every day
- Assist Customer Success team with helping patrons successfully scan their invitation barcodes at the entrance of the fashion week venue
- Assist Customer Success team in preparing and delivering hardware devices before each fashion show
- Assist Customer Success team with collecting hardware devices after each fashion show
- Assist Customer Success team with making sure that all of the Kiosk Printers and Mobile Printers are sufficiently supplied with printer paper
- Alerting a Customer Success team member if needed for any reason
For consideration, please send resumes to [email protected]
See Inside the Office of Launchmetrics
Launchmetrics helps brands transform their launch to market by creating technology solutions for the fashion industry. With nearly ten years of experience, Launchmetrics works with a mission to deliver reliable, effective, and innovative solutions that redefine industry standards and create powerful value networks. The Launchmetrics team is dedicated to improving the bottom line for fashion businesses worldwide.
Back to top