VP of Data Operations and Quality
About the Role:
We are looking for a process-driven, experienced data operations leader to manage our data operations team. In this role you will help to scale our current processes and teams to maximize data throughput and quality. Your hands-on leadership style will get you into the weeds to identify and solve problems quickly and drive scalable solutions. This position will report directly to the CEO.
What you’ll be Responsible for:
- Manage the Data Operations team comprised of internal Data Acquisition and Quality Assurance Analysts and offshore Business Process Outsourcers (BPOs), to accurately digitize product label data.
- Maximize data throughput and quality utilizing BPOs, while also managing costs.
- Manage established processes and identify and drive improvements and automation to ensure scalability.
- Report regularly on data quality and throughput to internal teams, management, customers and Label Insight Board of Directors.
- Learn and understand core technologies and axioms to drive process and automation improvements.
- Manage a young and growing team of data analysts and challenge and inspire them to achieve success.
About You / Your Creds:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree Required--Bachelors of Science in Mathematics or Statistics is preferred.
- 7-10+ years of experience; 5+ years experience in managing teams, with big data analysis experience a plus.
- BPO experience
- Data Processing
- Similar to supply chain management
- You are well-versed in the various aspects of setting up offshore teams (BPOs) and have demonstrated accomplishments in maximizing data throughput and data quality utilizing such teams, while also managing costs.
- Data Quality experience (not software quality)
- You have previously managed data quality for a database.
- You have proven experience in increasing data quality.
- You are a hands-on leader, willing to get into the weeds to identify and solve problems, and communicate solutions to management.
- You are a process-driven leader, who will drive scalable solutions.
- You have both the knowledge and prior experience on reporting key data quality and throughput metrics.
- Strong attention to detail and great communication skills are required.
- You are a team player, who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior BI experience is preferred.
- Experience working in a technology focused environment is required.
- Familiarity with SaaS environments and agile development and business methodologies is a plus.
Who we are:
Label Insight is high-growth technology company founded with the mission of helping CPG companies and retailers help their consumers understand what’s in the products they use and consume. Our data and tools focus on transforming information about household products into simple, easy to use forms.” We’re transforming the way brands and retailers interact with and share product data in order to bring product transparency to the consumer.
Our team is unique because it’s composed not only of tech engineers and data scientists, but food scientists, nutrition experts and product formulation specialists, who enable the enriched attribution capability of our tools. We’ve also attracted top senior executive talent with decades of leadership experience to help manage our rapid growth and scale.
As a team, we share a common set of values: We are innovative problem solvers. We believe in transparency, both in our product and in our work. We have curious minds and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. We value scientific inquiry. We aren’t afraid to take risks, and fail fast to learn fast and improve fast. We embrace uniqueness. We are lifelong learners and we value intellectual honesty.
Perks of the job:
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible work hours
- Kitchen stocked with snacks, drinks, a kegerator and more!
- Casual, dog-friendly, open-layout workspace
- Company subsidized Health Insurance, and 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Catered team lunches every other week
- Mentorship opportunities
- Regular team events and happy hours
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
Check out more about Label Insight, our culture, and our employees here.
Meet Some of Label Insight's Employees
Data Transformation Manager
Brooke is responsible for the team that deconstructs information from a product label in order to build out product attribution and enrich the data with a range of additional insights, not typically included on the packaging.
Back to top