Sr. UX UI Designer
Who we are.
Label Insight is a quickly growing, venture-backed startup founded with the mission of helping consumers understand what’s in the products they use and consume. Today, our world class SaaS data platform is transforming the way brands and retailers interact with and share product data in order to bring product transparency to the consumer.
Label Insight's employees share a common set of values that make us unique.
We are innovative problem solvers. We believe in transparency, both in our product and in our work. We have curious minds and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. We value scientific inquiry. We aren’t afraid to take risks, and fail fast to learn fast and improve fast. We embrace uniqueness. We are lifelong learners.
What you’ll do.
Our Product Engineering team is a lean, yet effective team. As a UX/UI Designer you will be a key member of the product team helping us shape and improve the visualization of our SaaS platform for our thousands of users. The ideal candidate has a passion and eye for designing clean and simple interfaces that go beyond just data visualization, but understands how the customer interacts with the data.
- Work on our Design and Product teams to craft beautiful, highly-functional user interfaces for web, mobile and/or software applications
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Participate in design workshop sessions and create multiple concepts around a given set of requirements
- Ability to solve difficult, user experience problems in the simplest, most elegant way
- Be excited and passionate about new and well-designed web apps and technologies
- Manage your own time, whether working on a team in a collaborative environment or working independently
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years related experience in UI & visual design for ecommerce businesses including responsive web design and mobile applications
- Formal degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of prototype, and other animation / interactivity tools for B2B tools and Big Data sets.
- Understand limitations and capabilities of desktop browsers, mobile devices, and presentation layer technologies
- Strong portfolio featuring design work that showcases user interface design, interaction design, information design, visual design and mobile design skills
- An undeniable passion for creating great user interfaces that solve real user problems
- Basic knowledge of at least one major UX design tool such as Sketch, Omnigraffle or Axure, Invision is another prototyping tool, Sketch preferred
- Basic knowledge of HTML & CSS is preferred
- Mobile platform design patterns (iOS and Android specifically) valuable not imperative
- Must be a self-starter with a proven track record of excellent communication and listening skills
- Proactive and self-motivated
Back to top