Label Insight is a rapidly growing company with exciting opportunities in scaling technology, processes, and people. As a Software/Systems Architect, you'll be responsible for the architecture of a complex analytics platform that is changing the way the Consumer Packaged Goods industry provides transparency to customers. A S oftware/Systems Architect understands cutting edge tools and frameworks, determines what the best tools are for any given task, and integrates them with existing system design.
Software/Systems Architects are expected to stay up to date and experiment with new technologies while still providing solutions for day-to-day problems. They are responsible for ensuring all our cross-functional teams are delivering software at peak efficiency and consistently making the correct tradeoffs in software design and architecture. This role serves as the key intersection of Software Development, System Design, and the Business and Organization needs.
- Drive the company's innovation by defining, prioritizing, and implementing improvements to technical functionality that support business needs, efficiencies, and revenue.
- Influence architectural direction by collaborating with and asking the right questions of customers, senior management, and other business leaders to ensure architecture matches business needs.
- Foster an innovative and accountable culture within the engineering teams, leading them to become self-sufficient in building scalable and reliable software.
- Lead the creation, continual refinement, and active enforcement of our development standards.
- Retain the ability to work at the ground level and dive into our engineering teams to lead by example, build software alongside them, and triage critical systems as needed.
- Develop and deploy new strategies for building a high velocity, high performance, and high quality development organization.
- Previous experience with the following architectural patterns:
- Distributed Systems, SaaS
- Microservices, serverless, and event-driven architectures
- Domain-driven design
- Understands and evangelizes our development philosophies:
- Iteration and Continuous Delivery
- Code maintainability, SOLID Principles
- Don't over-engineer the solution
- Discuss and learn from failure
- Previous experience and familiarity with our technology stack:
- SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (DynamoDB, Redis)
- Search and analytics (Apache Solr, Elasticsearch)
- AWS (EC2, RDS, Lambda, S3, etc.)
- Messaging (SQS, SNS, RabbitMQ)
- Streaming (Kinesis, Kafka)
- Data pipeline frameworks (Apache Spark, Beam)
- Continuous delivery (Elastic Beanstalk, CircleCI, Terraform, Ansible)
- Preferred experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Integration/ETL frameworks (Apache NiFi, Spring Batch)
- Business Intelligence/Analytics (Redshift, Snowflake, Hadoop)
- Machine Learning/Data Science (Computer Vision, NLP, Classification)
- Rule Systems (Drools)
- Flexible: ably navigates within ambiguity; can operate effectively at various levels of abstraction.
- Humility: low ego; engenders trust; respectful.
Label Insight was founded with the mission of helping consumers understand what's in the products they use and consume. Today, our world class, venture backed, SaaS data platform is solving transparency for the entire industry. Our unique team is made up of talented engineers and data scientists, who work alongside food science and nutrition experts and product formulation specialists, who enable the enriched attribution capability of our tools. We've also attracted top senior executive talent with decades of leadership experience to help manage our rapid growth and scale.
- Transparency : We're transparent and open about our work.
- Collaboration : We're team players. We support and trust our co-workers, celebrate each other's wins and learn from each other's failures. We work to create an environment where everyone can thrive.
- Iteration and Innovation : We're not afraid to challenge assumptions, make suggestions for better solutions, try new ideas, or take smart risks. We challenge the status quo, and feel safe to make mistakes knowing we can learn from them rather than repeat them.
- Intellectual Honesty and Humility : We pursue the best answer, not proving ourselves right. We are aware of our own biases and admit when we're wrong. We're willing to ask for help when we need it.
- Accountability : We take responsibility for our own work quality, problems and solutions, and how our actions affect those around us.
- Quality Driven : We strive for quality in our work and our approach to our role. We make data-driven decisions.
Perks of the job:
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible work hours
- Kitchen stocked with snacks, drinks, a kegerator and more!
- Casual, dog-friendly, open-layout workspace
- Company subsidized Health Insurance, and 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Catered team lunches every other week
- Mentorship opportunities
- Regular team events and happy hours
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
Check out more about Label Insight, our culture, and our employees here .
Meet Some of Label Insight's Employees
Back to top