Senior Software Engineer
About the Engineering Team:
Our Engineering team is chock-full of smart, dedicated, and creative team members. Each one has a desire to experiment with new and unfamiliar technology to solve their cross-functional (XFN) team's business objectives. We're passionate about best practices and strive to follow standards laid out before us. The team is encouraged to get involved in the tech community by participating in open source projects, speaking at local meetups, and presenting at national and international conferences.
Who You Are:
You're an innovator; you share our common interest in improving and scaling our existing architecture and systems. Your excellent communication skills are key when collaborating closely with Product, internal customers, and other engineers to determine the best way to build products that meet their needs. You're hungry for growth and with our Engineering Ladder you can visualize your career path. We are quality driven and you must be too. We expect that you'll get involved and stay informed with the latest trends in technology and experiment with how to apply those to help consumers make more educated and healthier decisions.
How You'll Contribute:
- Start the day collaborating with your XFN team and Product Manager during daily standups to discuss the current sprint and remove any roadblocks
- Build out an event driven, microservices architecture using both serverless technologies and RESTful, Spring Boot APIs (Java/Kotlin)
- Work on our infrastructure as code framework, using AWS services such as Lambda, ECS, Fargate, Step Functions, SNS/SQS, and Kinesis Firehose
- Model complex product data and work with multiple data stores, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB and Elasticsearch
- Hang out with one of our friendly office dogs (for Chicago postings) OR enjoy a free team lunch every other Wednesday!
- Pair with and mentor other engineers to provide highly-valuable and innovative products to our customers
- Author architecture decision records and participate in whiteboarding sessions to demonstrate continual improvement of our engineering practices
- Meet weekly with your manager 1:1 to keep the lines of communication flowing and ensure your performance and development is on track
- Host a Lunch-and-Learn or Engineering Learning Session to showcase your expertise in a new technology or update the team on that tech meetup or conference you recently attended
Label Insight's mission is to help consumers understand what's in the products they use and consume. Our team creates powerful data enrichment and attribution tools to help retailers and manufacturers empower consumers to make better informed product choices.
We Share A Common Purpose:
Label Insight's purpose is to empower consumers with the knowledge to improve their lives through better product choices. Our purpose keeps our team focused and aligned as we drive growth for our grocery retailer and CPG customers through unparalleled product transparency.
We Live Our Values:
- Transparency : We share information freely and concisely as a team
- Collaboration : We respect diversity and work toward the solution together
- Iteration & Innovation : We speak up early, are honest about our limits, and leverage failure as an asset
- Intellectual Honesty & Humility : We encourage open debate and favor the best ideas
- Accountability : We own the successes and failures of our team
- Quality Driven : We hold our work to the highest standards and embrace problems as opportunities
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Flexible work hours
- Flexible paid time-off on top of 12 business days for standard holidays (Label Insight is closed for 1 week during the winter holiday season)
- Company subsidized health insurance, dental and vision benefits
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401(k) Plan
- Employer Paid Basic Life Insurance Policy and STD/LTD
- Transportation/Commuter benefits
- Employment Referral Bonus
- Educational Assistance and Management Training Programs
- Casual and collaborative, open-layout work space - dog-friendly office in Chicago
- Catered team lunches - every other week
- Cold brew and beer on tap
- Regularly scheduled team gatherings
*Label Insight is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top