Jr. Front End Engineer
About the role:
Our Engineering team is lean, yet effective. As a Jr. Front End Engineer you will be involved on the client side of our service. You will be a key member of the product team helping us shape and improve the visualization of our SaaS platform for our thousands of users.
- You are excited and passionate about new and emerging technologies in web and software development.
- You take responsibility for code quality and proliferate best practices across the development team through code reviews and testing.
- You seek out and advocate for architectural improvements to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- You strive to automate all processes and focus on scale.
- You are a natural collaborator and work with team members and product owners to deliver quality features.
- You believe in continuous delivery and iterating on code and features.
- You are interested in using analytics to derive insights through software.
- You are able to manage your own time and are hungry to contribute and learn.
- You are excited to work at a growing company and make an impact through food transparency.
- Experience building API driven single page applications.
- Solid experience with RESTful APIs
- Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used.
- Ability to create custom, general use modules and components which extend the elements and modules of core JS frameworks
- Expertise with common, responsive UI web frameworks and development tools.
- Familiar with the Agile methodology.
- Good communication skills and desire to participate in code reviews.
Who we are:
Label Insight is high-growth technology company founded with the mission of helping CPG companies and retailers to help their consumers understand what’s in the products they use and consume. Our world class SaaS data platform is transforming the way brands and retailers interact with and share product data in order to bring product transparency to the consumer.
Our team is unique because it’s comprised not only of tech engineers and data scientists, but food science, nutrition experts and product formulation specialists, that enable the enriched attribution capability of our tools. We’ve also attracted top senior executive talent with decades of leadership experience to help manage our rapid growth and scale.
As a team, we share a common set of values: We are innovative problem solvers. We believe in transparency, both in our product and in our work. We have curious minds and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. We value scientific inquiry. We aren’t afraid to take risks, and fail fast to learn fast and improve fast. We embrace uniqueness. We are lifelong learners and we value intellectual honesty.
Perks of the job:
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible work hours
- Kitchen stocked with snacks, drinks, a kegerator and more!
- Casual, dog-friendly, open-layout workspace
- Company subsidized Health Insurance, and 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Catered team lunches every other week
- Mentorship opportunities
- Regular team events and happy hours
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
Check out more about Label Insight, our culture, and our employees here.
Back to top