Jr. Data Transformation Analyst
About the role:
We are looking to bring in an entry level data analyst to learn and help to power the data transparency initiative. This person should be very self motivated and thrive in a fast paced and rapidly changing startup environment. The ability to multi-task, manage numerous priorities, communicate, and a strong interest in the CPG industry will help a candidate succeed in this role. Experience in data analysis is preferred and a bachelor’s degree is required in a scientific or mathematical field. The person who fills this role should also be an extremely quick and independent learner.
What you’ll be Responsible for:
- Conduct research on current regulations and CPG industry trends to assist with the internal data taxonomy development.
- Act as support on various projects led by senior team members.
- Work on team initiatives through joint independent work.
- Work alongside industry experts on cutting edge and dynamic projects.
- Help to create and streamline system rules to provide standardized product attribution.
- Help to manage a database of ingredients, claims, and nutrient data.
- Work internally within the data and tech departments.
- Write, run, and interpret SQL queries and results.
- Lead individual quarterly projects as assigned
- Create reports for both clients and internal management.
- Provide status updates to management addressing project status, risks and issues.
About You / Your Creds:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required
- Motivated and conscientious self-starter
- Data driven decision maker
- Intellectually honest
- Ability to thrive working in a fast-paced team environment
- Have a passion for driving product transparency
- Desire to grow and develop a career
Who we are:
Label Insight is high-growth technology company founded with the mission of helping CPG companies and retailers help their consumers understand what’s in the products they use and consume. Our data and tools focus on transforming information about household products into simple, easy to use forms.” We’re transforming the way brands and retailers interact with and share product data in order to bring product transparency to the consumer.
Our team is unique because it’s composed not only of tech engineers and data scientists, but food scientists, nutrition experts and product formulation specialists, who enable the enriched attribution capability of our tools. We’ve also attracted top senior executive talent with decades of leadership experience to help manage our rapid growth and scale.
As a team, we share a common set of values: We are innovative problem solvers. We believe in transparency, both in our product and in our work. We have curious minds and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. We value scientific inquiry. We aren’t afraid to take risks, and fail fast to learn fast and improve fast. We embrace uniqueness. We are lifelong learners and we value intellectual honesty.
Perks of the job:
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible work hours
- Kitchen stocked with snacks, drinks, a kegerator and more!
- Casual, dog-friendly, open-layout workspace
- Company subsidized Health Insurance, and 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Catered team lunches every other week
- Mentorship opportunities
- Regular team events and happy hours
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
Check out more about Label Insight, our culture, and our employees here.
Meet Some of Label Insight's Employees
Data Transformation Manager
Brooke is responsible for the team that deconstructs information from a product label in order to build out product attribution and enrich the data with a range of additional insights, not typically included on the packaging.
Back to top