Java Software Engineer - Data Processing
About the role:
We are looking for a Mid-Senior level Java Software Engineer to join our team focusing around data processing. With your creds (including but not limited to those listed below), you'll be a key member of the engineering team, helping us to improve and scale our existing architecture and systems. This position will report directly to the VP of Engineering.
- You are excited and passionate about new and emerging technologies in web and software development.
- You take responsibility for code quality and proliferate best practices across the development team through code reviews and testing.
- You seek out and advocate for architectural improvements to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- You strive to automate all processes and focus on scale.
- You are a natural collaborator and work with team members and product owners to deliver quality features.
- You believe in continuous delivery and iterating on code and features.
- You are interested in using analytics to derive insights through software.
- You are able to manage your own time and are hungry to contribute and learn.
- You are excited to work at a growing company and make an impact through food transparency.
- 5+ years experience developing multi-tier web applications.
- Experience in object-oriented development and familiarity with Java frameworks and tools including Spring and Hibernate.
- Strong experience building and integrating with REST APIs.
- Strong experience with data modeling.
- Experience with NoSQL systems including DynamoDB, Cassandra, and/or Elasticsearch.
- Experience with RDBMS systems including MySQL and/or Postgres.
- Experience with AWS services including SQS, SWF, and Lambda is preferred.
- Experience with streaming technologies, preferably Kafka, is a plus.
- Understanding of event-driven, real-time design.
- Willing to support continuous delivery through tools such as Elastic Beanstalk, CircleCI, Terraform, and Ansible.
- Familiar with the Agile methodology.
- Good communications skills and a desire to mentor other engineers.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to talk to you!
Who we are:
Label Insight is high-growth technology company founded with the mission of helping CPG companies and retailers to help their consumers understand what’s in the products they use and consume. Our world class SaaS data platform is transforming the way brands and retailers interact with and share product data in order to bring product transparency to the consumer.
Our team is unique because it’s comprised not only of tech engineers and data scientists, but food science, nutrition experts and product formulation specialists, that enable the enriched attribution capability of our tools. We’ve also attracted top senior executive talent with decades of leadership experience to help manage our rapid growth and scale.
As a team, we share a common set of values: We are innovative problem solvers. We believe in transparency, both in our product and in our work. We have curious minds and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. We value scientific inquiry. We aren’t afraid to take risks, and fail fast to learn fast and improve fast. We embrace uniqueness. We are lifelong learners and we value intellectual honesty.
Perks of the job:
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible work hours
- Kitchen stocked with snacks, drinks, a kegerator and more!
- Casual, dog-friendly, open-layout workspace
- Company subsidized Health Insurance, and 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Catered team lunches every other week
- Mentorship opportunities
- Regular team events and happy hours
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
Check out more about Label Insight, our culture, and our employees here.
Meet Some of Label Insight's Employees
Data Transformation Manager
Brooke is responsible for the team that deconstructs information from a product label in order to build out product attribution and enrich the data with a range of additional insights, not typically included on the packaging.
Back to top