Government Sales Representative
The Label Insight Government team is growing and we are looking for a Government Sales Representative to focus on selling and helping us to develop and deploy new strategies for the government sector. This position reports to the VP of Customer Intelligence.
Your Creds / What you'll be responsible for:
- Experienced Closer of enterprise / Agency level contracts of $1m and higher
- Comfortable and capable of working collaboratively with the company, current agency customers and technology / agency partners helping to surround our prospects to both understand, qualify, persuade and close long term, high value relationship.
- Designs and recommends sales programs and sets short- and long-term sales strategies for Federal Govt accounts including but not limited to - FDA, CDC, NIH, USDA, DOD and VA.
- Identify, develop and drive new business opportunities with the U.S. Federal Govt
- Develops new prospects and interacts with existing customers to increase sales of our organization's products and/or services to government agencies.
- Evaluates and implements appropriate new sales techniques to increase the department's sales volume.
- Prepare and present an annual sales plan and strategy to management for their respective territory, with periodic updates as requested or as necessary. The plan must identify specific actions necessary to achieve sales goals.
- Lead generation and follow-through as indicated by the Government strategy by working closely with business development representatives, alliance partner sales representatives, subject matter experts, industry thought leaders, and other influencers in the government and institutions market.
- Identify, attend, participate and network at conventions/conferences associated with target market throughout the country
- Maintain regular contact with customers with emphasis on developing long term relationships, to help achieve corporate sales goals.
- Establish contacts within contracting agencies who can help unearth projects and being able to unearth them on your own
- May recommend product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential.
- Oversee proposal development, lead contract negotiations, manage customer deliverables
- Proficient in the use of and managemet of salesforce.com
- Current connections/network/contacts within federal agencies including, but not limited to HHS, FDA, CDC, NIH, USDA, DOD and VA.
- Understanding and familiarity of data base / data oriented technologies and analytics as solutions
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Government contracting experience
- Bids/RFP experience
- Demonstrated success selling to federal agencies
- Legal experience/background is a bonus
- Sound understanding of the various Non-Profits, partnerships and organizations that help facilitate public-private engagements such as Partnership for a Healthier America (PHA), Let’s Move!, Institute of Life Sciences North America (ILSI) etc
- Sound policy analysis as it relates to agriculture and healthcare
Functional Skills & Abilities:
- The successful individual must be self-motivated, confident and energetic with the ability to work the necessary hours. Proven experience in developing and maintaining relationships with clients or vendors.
- Outstanding organizational skills a must
- Extreme Accuracy and Attention to Details
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal are required
- Sense of urgency and the ability to work in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization to accomplish department goals
- Initiate/lead projects and group tasks
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in regard to significant business matters and duties.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, and planning skills
- Excellent presentation skills with large audiences
- Ability to accommodate a customary and regular travel schedule including an overnight travel schedule approximately 50-60% depending on need
- Team player with entrepreneurial spirit
Base salary and variable compensation commensurate with the position and experience.
Who we are:
Label Insight is a high-growth technology company founded with the mission of helping CPG companies and retailers help their consumers understand what’s in the products they use and consume. Our data and tools focus on transforming information about household products into simple, easy to use forms.” We’re transforming the way brands and retailers interact with and share product data in order to bring product transparency to the consumer.
Our team is unique because it’s composed not only of tech engineers and data scientists, but food scientists, nutrition experts and product formulation specialists, who enable the enriched attribution capability of our tools. We’ve also attracted top senior executive talent with decades of leadership experience to help manage our rapid growth and scale.
As a team, we share a common set of values: We are innovative problem solvers. We believe in transparency, both in our product and in our work. We have curious minds and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. We value scientific inquiry. We aren’t afraid to take risks, and fail fast to learn fast and improve fast. We embrace uniqueness. We are lifelong learners and we value intellectual honesty.
Perks of the job:
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible work hours
- Kitchen stocked with snacks, drinks, a kegerator and more!
- Casual, dog-friendly, open-layout workspace
- Company subsidized Health Insurance, and 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Catered team lunches every other week
- Mentorship opportunities
- Regular team events and happy hours
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
Does this sound like you? We'd love to talk to you!
Meet Some of Label Insight's Employees
Data Transformation Manager
Brooke is responsible for the team that deconstructs information from a product label in order to build out product attribution and enrich the data with a range of additional insights, not typically included on the packaging.
Back to top