Front End Engineer
Who we are.
Label Insight is quickly growing, venture-backed startup founded with the mission of helping consumers understand what’s in the products they use and consume. Today, our world class SaaS data platform is transforming the way brands and retailers interact with and share product data in order to bring product transparency to the consumer.
Label Insight's employees share a common set of values that make us unique.
We are innovative problem solvers. We believe in transparency, both in our product and in our work. We have curious minds and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. We value scientific inquiry. We aren’t afraid to take risks, and fail fast to learn fast and improve fast. We embrace uniqueness. We are lifelong learners.
What you’ll do.
Our Engineering team is lean, yet effective. As a Front End Engineer, you will be responsible for the client side of our service. Your primary focus will be to implement a complete user interface in the form of a desktop web app, with a focus on performance. You will be responsible for building a world class front end using modern, best practices. You will be a key member of the product team helping us shape and improve the visualization of our SaaS platform for our thousands of users.
- Delivering a complete front end application
- Ensuring high performance on mobile and desktop
- Coordinating the workflow between the engineering team
- Cooperating with the Java Engineers in the process of building the RESTful API
- Communicating with external web services
Skills and Qualifications
- Deep knowledge of any or a combination of AngularJS, EmberJS, ReactJS, RequireJS or similar practices and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience
- Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
- Expertise with common, responsive UI web frameworks and development tools. e.g., jQuery, Bootstrap, Sass/LESS, Git, etc
- Creating custom, general use modules and components which extend the elements and modules of core JS frameworks
- Architecting and automating the build process for production, using task runners or scripts
- Knowledge of build and deployment tools such as JsHint/JsLint, gulp, grunt, bower, yoeman etc preferred
- Creating configuration, build, and test scripts for Continuous Integration environments
Does this sound like you? We'd love to talk to you!
Back to top