Data Attribution Specialist – Food and Beverage
We are looking for an analyst to join our Data Transformation team to specialize in the analysis of food and beverage products. Your knowledge of FDA and USDA regulations, as well as USDA NDB, GSFA Food Codes, WIC and other industry standards will help you to steer projects to build our database in alignment with the industry and provide guidance to other divisions of the company. Through research of current and future regulation, you will help to build powerful and granular product attribution, group attributes into functional, client-facing segments and serve as a subject matter export for client support, all in an exciting, fast-paced team environment.
- Serve as the central point of contact for food and beverage products including ingredients, claims, nutrients, regulations and other critical components.
- Research current and future regulation to implement into the database and build attributes to align with industry standards and trends.
- Group attributes into functional, client-facing segments.
- Use subject matter knowledge to lead data transparency industry solutions, such as SmartLabel.
- Manage and build taxonomies of ingredients, claims, nutrients and other analytical data points for all food and beverage products to create a comprehensive and structured database.
- Communicate taxonomy updates to the affected divisions of the company for the purpose of business development, sales and marketing.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and provide client support through sales, onboarding and data resolution.
- Understand how clients will be using our data to ensure alignment.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years experience in the food and beverage or CPG industry
- Experience in one or more of the following as they relate to the food and beverage industry: product formulation, regulation, marketing, research and development or brand representation
- Experience with data analysis and manipulation
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, including special formulas
- Ability to thrive working in a fast-paced team environment
- Desire to grow and develop a career
- Database Experience such as MySQL or SOLR is preferred
Label Insight is a rapidly growing VC backed startup growing in both the Saint Louis and Chicago markets. We are the industry’s most powerful and innovative CPG product data insight exchange for CPG manufacturers and retailers. The industry’s largest retailers and manufacturers rely on our platform as an integral solution to manage their product data, increasing their ability to respond to the demands for transparency in the market. Label Insight’s partnership with the FDA, proprietary technology, and scientific data structures set us apart from all other solutions in the industry. Our mission has always been to make vast amounts of product label data accessible and easily analyzable. Check out more about Label Insight, our culture, and our employees here.
Back to top