Data Attribution Specialist
About the role:
We are looking for a data analyst to join our Data Transformation team to specialize in the analysis of products and continue to drive future product attribution. Your experience in computer information management or systems, mathematics, or science will help you to build out attribution using our existing technologies, alongside subject matter experts. Through extensive research about topics in the food & beverage and personal care industries you will help to implement new industry standards into our database through powerful and granular product attribution and work to build our attribution up from the ground level, and group the attributes into functional, client-facing segments. You are team-oriented, a quick learner, thrive in a fast paced environment, and have a passion for driving product transparency.
What you’ll be Responsible for:
- Serve as the central point of contact for attributes including ingredients, claims, nutrients, regulations and other critical components.
- Research current and future regulation to implement into the database alongside subject matter experts, and build attributes to align with industry standards and trends.
- Group attributes into functional, client-facing segments.
- Manage and build taxonomies of ingredients, claims, nutrients and other analytical data points for all food and beverage products to create a comprehensive and structured database.
- Use subject matter knowledge to lead data transparency industry solutions, such as SmartLabel.
- Communicate taxonomy updates to the affected divisions of the company for the purpose of business development, sales and marketing.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and provide client support through sales, onboarding and data resolution.
- Understand how clients will be using our data to ensure alignment.
About You / Your Creds:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years experience in the food and beverage or CPG industry
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Computer Information Management or Services
- Mathematics or Statistics
- Product Regulation
- Product Marketing
- Product Formulation
- Brand Representation
- Experience with data analysis and manipulation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, including special formulas.
- Ability to thrive working in a fast-paced team environment.
- Desire to grow and develop a career.
- Database Experience such as SQL or SOLR is preferred.
Who we are:
Label Insight is high-growth technology company founded with the mission of helping CPG companies and retailers help their consumers understand what’s in the products they use and consume. Our data and tools focus on transforming information about household products into simple, easy to use forms.” We’re transforming the way brands and retailers interact with and share product data in order to bring product transparency to the consumer.
Our team is unique because it’s composed not only of tech engineers and data scientists, but food scientists, nutrition experts and product formulation specialists, who enable the enriched attribution capability of our tools. We’ve also attracted top senior executive talent with decades of leadership experience to help manage our rapid growth and scale.
As a team, we share a common set of values: We are innovative problem solvers. We believe in transparency, both in our product and in our work. We have curious minds and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. We value scientific inquiry. We aren’t afraid to take risks, and fail fast to learn fast and improve fast. We embrace uniqueness. We are lifelong learners and we value intellectual honesty.
Perks of the job:
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible work hours
- Kitchen stocked with snacks, drinks, a kegerator and more!
- Casual, dog-friendly, open-layout workspace
- Company subsidized Health Insurance, and 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Catered team lunches every other week
- Mentorship opportunities
- Regular team events and happy hours
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
Check out more about Label Insight, our culture, and our employees here.
Meet Some of Label Insight's Employees
Data Transformation Manager
Brooke is responsible for the team that deconstructs information from a product label in order to build out product attribution and enrich the data with a range of additional insights, not typically included on the packaging.
Back to top