Data Acquisition Analyst
We are looking for a motivated, analytical thinker to join in the role of Sr. Data Acquisition Analyst. In this position, you will be responsible for supporting the data generation team through each step of the data generation process, beginning with the onboarding of products through digitization of the product data. You will help to assess current processes and identify areas for improvement through automation and/or productization in order to scale. This position will report to our Data Acquisition and Generation Lead.
What you’ll be Responsible for:
- Track and analyze incoming data and effectively report on status to internal stakeholders.
- Serve as source of knowledge to internal teams to ensure client communication is swift and accurate.
- Generate customer facing reports for analysis of ongoing projects.
- Act as strong advocate for process improvements within the framework of company objectives.
- Provide structured feedback and business process / product requests to appropriate internal teams.
About You / Your Creds:
- Education: Bachelor of Science or similar degree in related technical or business field
- 1+ years of professional experience
- Well-developed Excel and MySQL skills
- Familiarity with statistical software packages (e.g. R)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and abilities
- Excellent communication, organization and documentation skills
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively in a cross-functional environment with technical and non-technical team members
- Familiarity with SaaS environments, agile development and business methodologies is desired
- Familiarity with food label data elements and attributes is desired
- Experience working with CPG manufacturers and retailers is desired
Who we are:
Label Insight is high-growth technology company founded with the mission of helping CPG companies and retailers help their consumers understand what’s in the products they use and consume. Our data and tools focus on transforming information about household products into simple, easy to use forms.” We’re transforming the way brands and retailers interact with and share product data in order to bring product transparency to the consumer.
Our team is unique because it’s composed not only of tech engineers and data scientists, but food scientists, nutrition experts and product formulation specialists, who enable the enriched attribution capability of our tools. We’ve also attracted top senior executive talent with decades of leadership experience to help manage our rapid growth and scale.
As a team, we share a common set of values: We are innovative problem solvers. We believe in transparency, both in our product and in our work. We have curious minds and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. We value scientific inquiry. We aren’t afraid to take risks, and fail fast to learn fast and improve fast. We embrace uniqueness. We are lifelong learners and we value intellectual honesty.
Perks of the job:
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible work hours
- Kitchen stocked with snacks, drinks, a kegerator and more!
- Casual, dog-friendly, open-layout workspace
- Company subsidized Health Insurance, and 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Catered team lunches every other week
- Mentorship opportunities
- Regular team events and happy hours
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
Check out more about Label Insight, our culture, and our employees here.
Meet Some of Label Insight's Employees
Data Transformation Manager
Brooke is responsible for the team that deconstructs information from a product label in order to build out product attribution and enrich the data with a range of additional insights, not typically included on the packaging.
Back to top