About the Role:
We are looking for a high-energy, motivated professional to join in the role of Customer Development, dedicated to one of our major accounts. This role will be responsible for interacting with the account's field team across hundreds of customer accounts. They will be responsible for building relationships with the account team, identifying sales opportunities, educating and training sales reps and helping to close business. This position will report directly to the Chief Customer Officer.
- Work with account client business partners to identify business opportunities in Consumer Package Goods and Retail organizations.
- Develop account plans to include identifying sales prospects and building plans for enterprise sales opportunities.
- Use subject matter knowledge to communicate the value of Label Insight products by establishing contacts and developing relationships with client teams.
- Develop, maintain and nurture relationships by providing support, information and guidance, research and recommend new opportunities.
- Provide coaching and education to ease adoption of the Label Insight product; create and disseminate training materials to client teams; communicate technical knowledge of Label Insight’s platform, educating clients on best practices.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Label Insight’s core products and utilize this knowledge to successfully lead sales support by providing access to centralized pricing schedules, proposal templates, beginning contract templates, and other standard tools tied to sales activities.
- Complete forecasts, sales activity reports and presentations in a timely manner.
- Propose creative solutions to proactively address the customer's business problems and introduce innovative ways to utilize the Label Insight platform and attributes.
- Work very closely with account Project Manager to ensure internal/external alignment across all client needs.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Negotiation Skills, Prospecting Skills
- Analytical Skills: Ability to analyze and meet sales goals; sales planning
- Characteristics: Independent, motivation for sales, high energy
- Education: Bachelor of Science degree
- Travel requirements: up to 1-2 overnights per week
- Creative and energetic personality
- Comfortable with building expertise in enterprise level technology solutions
- Experience building compelling business cases
- Ability to lead, be resourceful, self-sufficient and able to take direction and use initiative to execute on direction
- Interest in developing sales skills to meet and exceed financial targets
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, including special formulas; experience with data analysis
- Proven experience in building models or analyzing data in Microsoft Excel
- Very effective presenter to customer teams
About Label Insight:
Label Insight is a rapidly growing VC backed startup growing in both the St. Louis and Chicago markets. We are the industry’s most powerful and innovative CPG product data insight exchange for CPG manufacturers and retailers. The industry’s largest retailers and manufacturers rely on our platform as an integral solution to manage their product data, increasing their ability to respond to the demands for transparency in the market. Label Insight’s partnership with the FDA, proprietary technology, and scientific data structures set us apart from all other solutions in the industry. Our mission has always been to make vast amounts of product label data accessible and easily analyzable. Check out more about Label Insight, our culture, and our employees here.
Back to top