Vice President - Lab Operations
- Dublin, OH
LabCorp is recruiting for a VP of Lab Operations to join our team. This role will be the head of laboratory operations for the North Central Division responsible for all Regional Laboratory operations and technical staff in Dublin, OH; Charleston, WV; and Cincinnati, OH. Member of the senior leadership team reporting directly to the Senior Vice President for LabCorp Diagnostics Core and Regional Labs. Role is based in Dublin, OH.
- Execute the division's strategic and current business plans and budgets to ensure all regional laboratories can respond to year-over-year growth forecasts for sales and margins to satisfy investor expectations. Drive continued top line growth through the deployment of proprietary, innovative tests and services that enhance customer relationships.
- Represent the company through deepened relationships with vendors, customers, trade associations, governmental agencies and professional organizations.
- Utilize performance metrics to monitor laboratory performance and achieve revenue and margin targets.
- Lead the day-to-day operations to advance strategy, culture, talent development, and operations with an emphasis on productivity, efficiency and quality.
- Provide thought leadership in the development and execution of the division's strategic plan
- Establish and communicate a clear vision for the business to customers, business partners and employees, enhancing the company's credibility and maintaining competitive advantage.
- Ensure compliance with applicable local, state, federal and international regulations governing clinical reference laboratory Quality, and transport of clinical specimens.
- Assist in the professional growth of laboratory team members.
- Develop and mentor a large diverse team located at multiple locations
- Collaborate with the Corporate Medical and Science and Technology offices in the creation and approval of reference ranges and appropriate test/method selection for a given clinical indication.
- Plan and execute integrations & initiatives for change & laboratory improvements
- Participate in the review and/or approval of new test or service feasibilities.
- Attend technical conferences as appropriate.
- Drive continued growth through the deployment of proprietary, innovative tests; superior pricing strategy; services that enhance customer relationships; increased sales force effectiveness
- Understand changes in the healthcare industry that could potentially impact business opportunities. Utilize insight from market research to determine current business needs and opportunities for future business growth. Leverage existing relationships and establish new ones to achieve ongoing revenue
- Build and foster an environment of excellence and inclusion by assessing current talent and developing a high-performing team while establishing clear direction of responsibilities, objectives and goals that maintain an ongoing focus on business development and superior client service. Provide employees authority, training, information and resources to achieve their full potential and maintain a culture of accountability and execution
- Position and communicate the vision and services of the organization to customers, business partners and employees by maintaining a high degree of external visibility to enhance the division's credibility and maintain competitive advantage
- Support the development of collaborative relationships and foster an environment of open communication that stimulates a team oriented and inclusive atmosphere to solve problems and identify new business opportunities
- Bachelor's degree required with focus in healthcare highly preferred; Advanced degree (MBA or PhD) preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive responsibilities in healthcare management; leadership experience in Clinical Laboratory industry a plus
- Must meet all licensing as required by CLIA 1988 or Laboratory Director Accreditation from a National Certifying Agency and demonstrate a detailed understanding of laboratory management regulations (CLIA & CAP)
- Previous experience running operations; preferably lab-related
- Previous experience with full P&L responsibility highly preferred
- Extensive experience developing and delivering annual operating budgets
- Proven success in leading change, developing talent and service delivery
- Possess inspiring leadership presence and emotional intelligence to influence executives, peers and employees, along with a strong work ethic and an insatiable commitment to building a winning culture.
- Demonstrated strategic approach to drive performance and continuous improvement
- Ability to effectively interact with multiple disciplines, strong teamwork orientation, results driven and technical knowledge of lab environment and logistics/supply chain.
- Experience working, presenting and communicating with key stakeholders
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Back to top