University Internship: System Support Intern
- Greensboro, NC
LabCorp is a leading global life sciences company with a mission to improve health and improve lives. Combining world-class diagnostic solutions with its drug development business, Covance, LabCorp's cutting-edge technologies, unparalleled data, and growing menu of standard and highly-specialized tests not only inform and empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. LabCorp's 65,000+ employees are pursuing critical advances in science and changing the delivery of healthcare while advancing essential vaccines, cancer-fighting breakthroughs, and life-changing treatments for rare diseases.
Advancing healthcare from the laboratory through the clinic requires many different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our exceptional people around the world. Explore our wide range of diverse opportunities and rewarding career pathways and see how you can work with an energizing purpose to discover your extraordinary potential.
Global Internship Program:
Exciting Opportunity to be part of the LabCorp 2021 Global Internship Program!
We offer real work assignments that compliment an education in STEM+ Healthcare disciplines, are challenging and recognized to the organization as valuable. In addition, we encourage professional development and career exploration through program workshops, each designed to help students prepare for a thriving career in our industry.
In addition to departmental and professional development work, our interns have the opportunity:
- To showcase their work to senior management, their supervisor and mentors
- Participate in a group philanthropic project as part of our dedication to the community
- Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support both scientific and professional career aspirations
- Take pride in delivering scientific work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
About The Team:
- RCMSS (Revenue Cycle Management Systems Support) provides automation and tools to the operational workflow processes in RCM (Revenue Cycle Management), through the development of software applications
- Provides support of these applications 24x7, 365 days a year
Internship Assignment Summary:
- Support ETLs using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Design and maintain SSRS reports
- Relational model Database support (design/modification)
- Design, develop, test and deliver applications ensuring user needs are met
- Technical documentation
Applicants for this position must intend to enroll after completion of the LabCorp Internship in one or more final semesters to finish coursework towards a bachelor's degree.
- Some experience with Microsoft SQL Server (SSIS, SSRS, SSMS) -- 2005-2012
- Understanding of relational data modeling
- Some knowledge of CICS, Reflections, DB2, MySQL, Object Script Coding (VBScript, VB.Net, VB6), C#, Powershell, Visual Studio/TFS
- Understanding of Objects Oriented design and development techniques
- B.S. University degree in the field of computer science or relevant experience
Working on a Bachelor's Degree, and or professional certification.
Back to top