University Internship: Support System Intern
- Greensboro, NC
LabCorp is a leading global life sciences company with a mission to improve health and improve lives. Combining world-class diagnostic solutions with its drug development business, Covance, LabCorp's cutting-edge technologies, unparalleled data, and growing menu of standard and highly-specialized tests not only inform and empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. LabCorp's 65,000+ employees are pursuing critical advances in science and changing the delivery of healthcare while advancing essential vaccines, cancer-fighting breakthroughs, and life-changing treatments for rare diseases.
Advancing healthcare from the laboratory through the clinic requires many different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our exceptional people around the world. Explore our wide range of diverse opportunities and rewarding career pathways and see how you can work with an energizing purpose to discover your extraordinary potential.
Global Internship Program:
Exciting Opportunity to be part of the LabCorp 2021 Global Internship Program!
We offer real work assignments that compliment an education in STEM+ Healthcare disciplines, are challenging and recognized to the organization as valuable. In addition, we encourage professional development and career exploration through program workshops, each designed to help students prepare for a thriving career in our industry.
In addition to departmental and professional development work, our interns have the opportunity:
- To showcase their work to senior management, their supervisor and mentors
- Participate in a group philanthropic project as part of our dedication to the community
- Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support both scientific and professional career aspirations
- Take pride in delivering scientific work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
About The Team:
The Revenue Cycle Management Systems Control team is responsible for the day to monitoring of billing processes and payer adjudication policies to ensure compliance with company policies and to mitigate risks found in process or policy changes. Combined knowledge is used to assess new system changes, new payer policy changes, and new payer payment outcomes to develop the best process or suggested changes, for internal or external customer, to address the change. The team uses data mining and analytics tools and techniques to monitor processes identifying risks and solutions for billing laboratory services. Processes span the breadth of the revenue cycle for data gathering from invoicing to payment and to overpayment scenarios, often involving disparate data sources. The team partners with multiple stakeholders in the process to facilitate these reviews to ensure needs of the customer are met and risks have been mitigated.
Internship Assignment Summary:
- Establish a repeatable, easily manageable process to load industry data sets into global intelligence systems
- Partner with team data analysts on projects to understand different business approaches to customer and system needs
- Familiarize yourself with business development platforms to analyze and visualize data into valuable insights for more informed decision making
- Engage in professional development workshops to enhance your business acumen and professional presence
- Working towards bachelor's degree in Informatics, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Mathematics, or any similar field
- Has experience delivering multiple projects in an academic or professional setting
- Preferable to have experience combining data into summarized, visual presentation using some any software package or combination of, Tableau, SAS, Cognos, Excel, etc
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders and internal/external colleagues
- Embraces diverse ways of thinking through various forms collaboration and partnership
Working on a Bachelor's Degree, and or professional certification.
M - F
Back to top