University Internship: Reimbursement Intern
- Greensboro, NC
LabCorp is a leading global life sciences company with a mission to improve health and improve lives. Combining world-class diagnostic solutions with its drug development business, Covance, LabCorp's cutting-edge technologies, unparalleled data, and growing menu of standard and highly-specialized tests not only inform and empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. LabCorp's 65,000+ employees are pursuing critical advances in science and changing the delivery of healthcare while advancing essential vaccines, cancer-fighting breakthroughs, and life-changing treatments for rare diseases.
Advancing healthcare from the laboratory through the clinic requires many different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our exceptional people around the world. Explore our wide range of diverse opportunities and rewarding career pathways and see how you can work with an energizing purpose to discover your extraordinary potential.
Global Internship Program:
Exciting Opportunity to be part of the LabCorp 2021 Global Internship Program!
We offer real work assignments that compliment an education in STEM+ Healthcare disciplines, are challenging and recognized to the organization as valuable. In addition, we encourage professional development and career exploration through program workshops, each designed to help students prepare for a thriving career in our industry.
About The Team:
The LabCorp Revenue Cycle Management -- Finance team is responsible for the accuracy of revenue and accounts receivable in conjunction with the financial close process. In addition, the team works with the operational areas to manage and resolve accounts receivable. The team also forecasts operational and financial metrics for the division.
Internship Assignment Summary:
- Gain exposure to the financial month-end and quarter-end close processes Including revenue and expense accruals and SOX controls
- Work with members of the team on projects related to finance and operations
- Utilize data analysis skills to evaluate financial transactions
- Engage with leadership to enhance your understanding of the internal and external financial impacts to the healthcare industry
- Working towards bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting with a basic understanding of financial and management accounting principles
- Project management skills with strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders and internal/external colleagues
- Has experience with working with and analyzing financial data including financial modeling
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Access)
Working on a Bachelor's Degree, and or professional certification.
Back to top