University Internship: Medical Technologist - Birmingham, AL
- Birmingham, AL
Are you an experienced Medical Lab Professional? Are you looking to embark on a new challenge in your career, or start your career in Medical Lab Science? If so, LabCorp is seeking a Technologist Trainee to join our lab team in Birmingham, AL. The large range of assays within the department can be categorized into: General/Routine Chemistry, STD testing, Therapeutic Drug Monitoring, and Clinical Endocrinology, with the overall goal of providing results that can be used in the diagnosis and management of a wide range of illness and disease states. All of our assays are automated and our department includes some of the most advanced high-throughput analyzers available on the market. We are currently looking for individual(s) who are looking for an opportunity to get their career started and have the ability to grow within the company.
The work schedule for this position will be Tuesday - Saturday, 3:30 am - 12:00 pm.
- Evaluate specimens and test orders, determine priority of work to maintain acceptable turn-around-time, recognize unacceptable and unusual specimens and handle appropriately.
- Perform routine and moderate to complex tests and analyses according to established procedures in designated technical department.
- Perform testing on biological, quality control, and proficiency samples.
- Maintain and clean instrumentation, perform scheduled and as needed maintenance, troubleshoot as indicated.
- Evaluate raw and final data for accuracy, recognize and correct errors and unusual results, interpret results to produce a final report.
- Manage the movement of materials/samples that are being processed.
- Have the ability to cross train on multiple assays.
- Have the ability to create an effective work flow with effective time management.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or a related science
- Minimum 1 year of clinical laboratory testing experience is required for Technologist level
- Previous experience is not required at the Technologist Trainee level
- ASCP or AMT certification is preferred
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory information systems are a plus
- High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
- Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
Monday - Friday, 8AM to 5PM
Back to top