Technologist / Technician (3rd Shift)
- Burlington, NC
Are you looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference? Are you an experienced Medical Lab Professional or desire to start your career in Medical Lab Science? Do you have a passion for Microbiology?
We are seeking a Technologist to join our Reference Microbiology lab team in Burlington, NC! Performs tests and analyses according to established testing procedures in designated technical department. Assays performed in the in our department utilize a variety of scientific techniques, including Performs tests and analyses according to established procedures in designated technical department. Position may perform various techniques including EIA, IFA, and other non-automated and automated procedures. Open to entry level and senior level technologist's candidates as well as Technicians with an associates in Medical Laboratory Technology or Biotechnology.
This is a 3rd shift position and is eligible for a differiential incentive!
- Receive and process specimens for AFB, Mycology, Legionella, and others
- Examine/report KOH & AFB smears.
- Perform testing on biological samples including antigen testing and EIA testing.
- Examine cultures and identify fungi and AFB (Including DNA probes), perform PCR, perform AFB and fungal susceptibility testing, perform sequencing and MALDI, and other tasks
- Determine priority of work and batches to maintain acceptable turn-around-time; recognize unacceptable and unusual specimens and handle appropriately
- Assist with Customer Service coverage and specimen management.
- Perform and resolve pending and audits.
- Maintain and clean instrumentation; perform scheduled and as needed maintenance and critical function; trouble shoot as indicated.
- BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, or related scientific field
- Associates in Medical Laboratory Sciecne or Biotechnoloidy for Technician candidates
- 1 year of clinical lab experience required (or preferred at Tech Trainee level)
- ASCP or AMT certification preferred (or required depending upon department and state location)
- Ability to work independently within a team and strong attention to detail
- Strong organization skills
- Must be flexible with time and adaptable to change.
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
- Ability to work overtime as business needs
Tuesday - Saturday 10pm - 630am
Back to top