Technologist (2nd Shift )
- Burlington, NC
Are you looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference? Are you an experienced Medical Lab Professional or desire to start your career in Medical Lab Science? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a Technologist in our Molecular Infectious Disease lab in Burlington, NC. In this position, you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment.
Assays performed in our department utilize simple assays designed to detect viral nucleic-acid to complex sequencing tests for characterizing viral genomes. Work may also involve preparation and testing of COVID specimens.
Open to Entry level and senior level technologist candidates as well as technicians with an Associates in Medical Laboratory Technology.
- Receive specimens for testing; evaluate specimens and test orders; determine priority of work and batches to maintain acceptable turn-around-time; recognize unacceptable and unusual specimens and handle appropriately.
- Perform testing on biological samples, quality control samples and proficiency samples making measurements and calculations.
- Evaluate raw and final data for accuracy; recognize and correct errors and unusual results; interpret results to produce a final report.
- Maintain, calibrate, and clean instrumentation; perform scheduled and as needed maintenance and critical function checks recognizing significant changes in instrument function; trouble shoot as indicated.
- Perform required QC/QA duties including: following quality control rules; monitor controls for error detection and take corrective action; maintain laboratory records, maintenance logs, quality control charts, reagent and standard logs, and worksheets.
- Perform SRS and reference accept functions as required.
- BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, or related scientific field
- Medical Lab Technicians: Associates in Medical Lab Technology or equivelent
- 1 year of professional clinical lab experience preferred
- ASCP or AMT certification preferred
- Ability to work independently within a team and strong attention to detail
- Previous experieince with molecular testing, microbiology, and/or PCR prerferred
- Strong organization skills
- Must be flexible with time and adaptable to change.
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
- Ability to work overtime as business needs
Back to top