Techno Trainee, Histology- Lincoln, NE
- Lincoln, NE
LabCorp is seeking aTechno Trainee, Histologyto join their Anatomic Pathology team!
This is a 1st shift position, schedule is 5:00 AM--1:00 PM with rotating Saturday and on-call shifts.
Performs all technical duties related to the production of histo-pathological slides to include but not limited to:
- Embed human tissue
- Perform routine and special microtomy procedures
- Perform routine and special stains
- Prepare and discard reagents and material per lab guidelines
- Operate and maintain tissue processors, embedding instruments and automated staining instruments
- Perform preventive maintenance on all histological instruments
- Maintain logs, QC routine and special stains
- Follow all technical standard operating procedures
- Perform additional job functions required and requested by lab supervisor/manager/director
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or a related science
- Minimum 1 year of clinical laboratory testing experience is required for Technologist level
- Previous experience is not required at the Technologist Trainee level
- ASCP or AMT certification is preferred
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory information systems are a plus
- High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
- Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
5:00am - 1:30pm
Back to top