Sr. Software Engineer (Full Stack Developer)
- Burlington, NC
Frond-end developer with knowledge of latest Angular framework, hands on integration Developer with sound working Knowledge of Java/J2EE, Experience using AWS services like SQS, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB is a plus, Must be self-motivated, creative and technically astute. Prepares detailed technical specifications from which integration services will be written. Designs, develops, codes, tests, debugs, and documents integration solution and services. Analyzes, reviews, and alters programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt new requirements. Provides on-call support for production systems. Consults with user to identify current operating procedures and clarify program objectives. Ability to function as a technical lead by performing task break down on user stories and delegate the work to team members.
- Leads technical design planning, solution approach and manages technical implementation
- Working from functional specifications, write technical specifications that communicate the technical design of a project, using flow charts, data flow diagrams, pseudo-code, ER diagrams, and other methods of documenting a technical design.
- Develop single page application written in Angular framework
- Develop middleware services written in JAVA/J2EE or Node.js
- Perform code reviews to ensure quality of programming through standards enforcement, peer code review and automated tools.
- Work with DBA to design and deploy database schemas and specify all attributes of database tables including primary keys, foreign keys, identities, constraints, default values, indexes, and triggers.
- Working from technical specifications, code and unit test program modules.
- Document activities using appropriate tools defined by the department
- Follow department coding standards
- Follow department procedures that define the software development life cycle
- Follow Agile delivery of software using SCRUM methodology
- Ability to translate comps to code with a high degree of accuracy.
Requirements: License/Certification/Education: Normally requires a B.S. Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent program) w/7+ years of experience.
- BS in computer science or related technical degree
- Ensure service implementation consistency, speed of delivery, and promote reuse through creation of reusable middleware assets
- Knowledge on Application Servers (WAS) and Handling MQ's
- Working Knowledge of JDBC and Data sources
- Knowledge of RDBMS
- Must have excellent working knowledge and be technically proficient in
- Object-Oriented Design, analysis and programming
- Integration design patterns, frameworks and SOA
- Database platforms
- Provides tier 3, on-call support for integration application problems and issues
- Analyze performance of programs and takes action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with clients and approval of supervisor
- Write integration test scripts and provide support during user acceptance testing.
- Prepare documentation for code changes.
- Team Oriented / Client Focused
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- A team player that can easily adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Required Programming Languages and Tools:
- Angular, Node.js, Typescript.
- Java, J2EE (including EJB, Servlets, Spring)
- RESTful services with JSON -- So libraries like JAX-RS 2.0 + Jersey
- Knowledge of AWS services like SQS, Lambda, DynamoDB, S3
- Excellent understanding of Enterprise RDBMS, ER Diagrams, and developing SQL programs
- Excellent knowledge of Angular, Single page frameworks
- CSS3 and Less
- Bootstrap 3. Knowledge of upcoming tech like FlexBox is a plus
- Persistence Virtualization -- Hibernate
- Log4j, JUnit, etc. for plumbing
- Monitoring -- dynatrace for jvms
- IDE -- Eclipse, Visual Studio Code
- Source Control -- Git
- Build and Deployment - Maven
- Continuous Integration + Build Automation using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus Repository
- Oracle 10g, 11g Database
- Knowledge of IBM MQ is a plus
- Understanding of Continuous integration using Maven, bamboo, Urban code is a plus
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Back to top