Specimen Accessioner (1st shift)
- Research Triangle Park, NC
Are you organized, accountable, and have always gone the extra mile to make sure things are done right? Imagine the impact those skills can have in ensuring the accuracy of millions of healthcare tests, every month. If you share our passion for strengthening physician care, please apply for the Specimen Accessioner position!
The Occupational Testing Services division is seeking a Specimen Accessioner join their team!
This position prepares laboratory specimens for designated departments/locations prior to laboratory analysis and testing.
- Unpack high volumes of donor urine samples to initiate forensic drug testing.
- Prepares all specimens received for testing in designated laboratory departments or locations.
- Aliquots sample for departments.
- Prepares excess specimen samples for storage and resolves and documents problem specimens.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- No relative experience required; 1-2 years preferred
- Previous medical or production experience is a plus
- Comfortable handling biological specimens
- Ability to accurately identify specimens
- Experience working in a team environment
- Strong data entry and organizational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
- Ability to pass a standardized color blind test
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
Tuesday - Saturday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Back to top