Specialty Development Executive
- San Leandro, CA
As a Specialty Development Executive on the Integrated Oncology team, you will function as an outside sales representative primarily focused on growing and retaining business in the defined, assigned territory, within the specialty segments namely Oncology, Pathology and Hospital systems.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
- Secure new business by selling laboratory testing services to healthcare professionals within the Oncology, Pathology and Hospital space, while retaining current customer base
- Maintain and organize an annual book of business, while meeting and exceeding monthly sales growth goals in the assigned territory while supporting the Integrated Oncology Divisional objectives.
- Achieve long and short term sales objectives by providing specialty solutions
- Serve as a subject matter expert and champion of Labcorp's expansive list of testing solutions for customers and prospective clients.
- Create effective customer relationships. Make in person visits to clients on a regular basis to provide ongoing customer support, education on focus products and market updates for current customer base using sales analytics and insights
- Act as a liaison between the client and Labcorp. Collaborate, communicate and actively contribute to new business opportunities and business solutions with Labcorp Clinical Sales counterparts
- Provide Value Based Care (VBC) options like Labcorp's "Care Intelligence" to Oncology Care Model (OCM) practices and Hospital systems.
- Keep current with the competition's products, service offerings and activity
- Stay updated of new products, clinical guidelines, new developments in the industry & research trends
- Use market data, sales analytics and insights to make sales decisions and spot new business opportunities.
- Provide updates to senior leadership on key strategic initiatives and new business opportunities
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all company support departments internally.
- Effectively manage travel logistics to maximize sales productivity
- Attend local and national professional trade shows and events as requested
- Update all relevant customer account information into CRM Data Management Systems
- Must have a B.A./B.S. Degree (preferably life sciences- Biology, Anatomy, Chemistry, Physiology)
- 5-7 years of complimentary sales experience including business development and growing existing business
- Diagnostics or healthcare experience is highly preferred
- A valid driver's license and a clean driving record are required
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills. Build the trust of potential clients by using a "consultative selling" style rather than a "transactional" communication style
- Experience developing relationships with key decision-makers in the specialty practice environment s with a track record of innovative network development and contracting solutions
- Able to thrive in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to work independently in managing sales targets and exceeding revenue growth goals
- Strong technical selling skills with a deep understanding of the oncology market is highly valued
- Candidates should feel comfortable presenting highly complex information to a diverse group of clients in diverse environments including one on one, group and virtual settings
- Candidate should possess a comfort communicating the application of technology, treatments and diagnostics in the oncology field
- Proven track record of achieving challenging goals; taking calculated risks and overcoming obstacles through persistence and strategic thinking
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish customer relationships, drive toward results by ensuring the commitment and buy-in of others
- Ability to diligently follow up and meet deadlines
Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm, additional days and hours may be required based on business needs.
Back to top